Archive - Nov 2006 - Forum topic

November 28th

Iss Over UK.

Hi there to everyone. Using Wx-Track and Heavens Above, I managed to spot the ISS early this morning. It reached max altitude (90 deg) at approx 5.43am as predicted travelling in an Easterly direction. I've waited about 3 or 4 days for this because the weather here in London UK has been very cloudy during the ISS early morning passes. Here's the best bit. Just before the ISS flew over, I saw something else but for some reason I thought it was the ISS. I thought, Crikey! it looks more like the pin prick of a star. Surely that's not the ISS I thought. Not quiet travelling towards the East but more N/E. I'm not an experienced observer but I have seen the ISS a few times before and remember it being much bigger so to speak.
Amm1UK – Wed, 2006 – 11 – 29 03:20

November 26th

packet

good to see it back up

kb0zuu – Sun, 2006 – 11 – 26 14:10

November 21st

ANSARI CONTACT

I WOULD LIKE WE SAD ABOUT ANSARI CONTACTS.

SHE CREATED A PERSONAL QSL CARDO TO SEND FOR AMATEUR STATIONS ?

MAURICIO BERALDO PY4MAB
BRAZIL

PY4MAB – Tue, 2006 – 11 – 21 13:31

November 19th

Voice Contact:

How can one get a qsl voice contact, when the iss only talks to one specific station on its passes, also when will the SSTV portion be ready ...for downlink.

KB1FCB – Mon, 2006 – 11 – 20 02:45

Mikhail Tyurin active Nov 19

Today I heard ISS Expedition 14 Flight Engineer Mikhail Tyurin on 145.800 MHz between 17:56 and 18:00 UTC. He answered questions about exercise on board the ISS to an unidentified interviewer. Asked 'how is the weather downstairs?' and stated that all he could see was cloud coverage (over the US North-East). LOS from my QTH happened at 18:00 UTC. Signal was perfect!

prutchi – Sun, 2006 – 11 – 19 15:48

November 18th

re; contact with mikhail

Guys, Please don't interfere next time you hear him. If he's making a contact to a specific ground station, let it be. The interview was conducted by VA3JDL and myself. We will post more information on what we're doing in the days to come. All I ask is that you give mikhail a chance to answer his questions to the specific ground party.

If things go as planned we can take questions from ISSfanclub.com at a pre-determined date and time. If Mikhail is willing to do it, and you guys are willing to submit the questions with your call-signs we can relay them to Mikhail. We CAN set this up if people cooperate with us. I will keep you guys posted.

ve3ioi – Sun, 2006 – 11 – 19 03:25

November 16th

Voice Report needs details

Somebody posted a voice report on Nov 16 at 1837 GMT. Unfortunatly, it contains no details about where, exactly when and what frequency this was heard on. Any one have the info?

Kenneth - N5VHO

N5VHO – Thu, 2006 – 11 – 16 15:04

November 13th

ISS AWARD & QSL CARD FOR VOICE CONTACT?

Iam asking about any award for contacting ISS ,and also how to get the QSL card for the voice contact,thanks iam waiting reaply

ST2M-Magdi – Mon, 2006 – 11 – 13 11:13

November 12th

When?

Hey Ken are we goina see any radios active the rest of this year?? Next year? I just cant beleive they cant reset this radio and get it up and running. If they need a new rig id be happy to give them one to replace what they got.

W8OSP – Mon, 2006 – 11 – 13 01:44

November 11th

Suit Sat #2

Maybe coming next year in the fall.
Info seen at QRZ.

lets hope so 73 to All de wb9iiv - Harry

WB9IIV – Sat, 2006 – 11 – 11 14:01
x

Date UTC Az El Lat Lon Orbit Vis
Print
x

Select your Location