Archive - Mar 2006 - Forum topic

What is that Ipaq used up there?

Hello.

In this picture you can see Bill handling an HP Ipaq. The description says: "ISS Expedition 12 Commander Bill McArthur, KC5ACR, at the controls of the Phase 2 ARISS station NA1SS".
Do phase 2 include an Ipaq? If so, what for?

iz6byy – Fri, 2006 – 03 – 31 16:14

ISS amateur radios off for Soyuz docking

The amateur radios will be powered down about 0200 GMT on April 1 as required for the Soyuz docking.

Kenneth - N5VHO

N5VHO – Fri, 2006 – 03 – 31 15:58

No return postage

Read a recent forum and saw that somebody had sent return postage and self addressed envelope for the qsl card return. I on the other hand did not, didnt know that was required. I made contact on the 21st of March at 01:30, and sent card following day. So can anyone tell me what i could do to ensure that I will still recieve the qsl card from Bill and na1ss?? Or is sending another one the only option and try to correct what I left out on the previous card?
Thanks,
Brad K5ATL

K5ATL – Fri, 2006 – 03 – 31 12:49

March 30th

Soyuz and Progress passes

Hi!
Does anyone know where I can get pass predictions for Soyuz and Progress before they dock with the ISS?
Thanks.
aquarius440

aquarius440 – Thu, 2006 – 03 – 30 21:42

Expedition 13 crew launched on a Russian Soyuz spacecraft

Expedition 13 Commander Pavel Vinogradov, Flight Engineer Jeff Williams and Brazilian Space Agency astronaut Marcos Pontes were launched on a Russian Soyuz spacecraft on March 29, 2006 from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan. Vinogradov and Williams will spend six months on the International Space Station. Pontes will spend eight days on the station, returning to Earth, April 8 in another Soyuz capsule with the Expedition 12 crew.

video:
Expedition 13 Pontes Post Launch - Video Feed
Expedition 13 Pontes Launch - Baikonur Cosmodrome
Expedition 13 Pontes Final Pre-Launch Preparations

Anonymous – Thu, 2006 – 03 – 30 15:33

soyuz frequencies for crew change over????

Hello,
Iv been listening to Bill NA1SS for a good few weeks now and am finding the website very interesting.
Iv heard him many times and made some nice recordings too, Iv even had my listeners QSL card back.
As iv only been listening for a few weeks, im intreauged to find out if there will be any more radio activity that we might hear during the crew change over period?
Will we be able to hear any downlinks or anything like that from the soyuz rockets either on way up or on there way back down next week when bill and valerie return to earth.
If anyone has any frequencies that they can recommend to listen to onboard the soyuz craft,, could they please let me know.

6equj5 – Thu, 2006 – 03 – 30 12:30

Soyuz Tracking

Is it possible to track the soyuz capsule on orbitron and WXtrack? Nasa TV are showing it on their screen but I can't find the orbital elements on Spacetrack or Celestrack.
Thanks.

amm1uk.

Amm1UK – Thu, 2006 – 03 – 30 12:27

UISS 5.0 released!

Hello All,

UISS 5.0 is released and I am impressed of it!