Archive - May 2006 - Forum topic

ISS NA1SS on voice this pass over Ohio, USA

Most recent pass 1507 UTC (11:07 EDT) over Ohio USA, NA1SS heard calling N2XJ. Very strong signal even with my vertical mounted on our charcoal grill.

Bob - K8RYA Pataskala, Ohio, USA

k8rya – Wed, 2006 – 05 – 31 11:23

May 30th

School contact then radios OFF for EVA

An International Space Station Expedition 13 ARISS school contact has been planned with students at Salt Brook Elementary School, New Providence, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, 31 May 2006. The event is scheduled to begin at approximately 15:07 UTC.

Please note, the amateur equipment on the ISS will be turned off prior to the contact and should REMAIN OFF until after the space walk on Thursday, June 1 is concluded. It will be returned to regular amateur radio operations as soon as possible afterwards. Information about the next scheduled ARISS contact can be found at http://www.rac.ca/ariss/upcoming.htm#NextContact .

N5VHO – Tue, 2006 – 05 – 30 10:00

May 29th

ISS digipeat made!

Well i finally made the trip and was acknowledged by several stations. Thanks to everyone that helped. thank you!

73, jayson, Gallipolis, Ohio

W8OSP – Mon, 2006 – 05 – 29 11:13

May 28th

Why are we only receiving digital signals from ISS

We have been trying to contact the ISS on voice for weeks now. The only thing we get back for sound is digital noise. How do we get the ISS to talk to us on voice?

Larry B – Sun, 2006 – 05 – 28 14:52

May 27th

School contact and ARISS resource CD

Hi, everybody,
I am trying to help a local school to apply for a school contact with ISS. Well, AFAIK, this could be the 1st attempt from a Chinese HIgh school. This school is equipped with a club station and is activate on HF and local V/U bands. However, nobody here is experienced with ARISS. We'll be really appreciated if some of you can share with us your story, suggestion, or direction on application of an ARISS operation. Meanwhile, I tried to order a copy of ARISS resource CD from AMSAT, but it seems that it has been out of stock. So anybody can share us a copy?

Michael Chen, BD5RV/4

bd5rv – Sat, 2006 – 05 – 27 04:54

May 26th

Help!

Ok for somereason i still cannot connect to iss. Ive tried unproto cq ar0iss-3, em88vt.
ive tried c ar0iss-11 and nothing. What am i doing wrong here?

W8OSP – Fri, 2006 – 05 – 26 12:35

May 25th

The return coming from packet mode was very short!

The return coming from the packet mode was very short. Whats going on
on the ISS with the ham radio? Have they forgotten to switch it in the
packet mode again, or? After the arris school contact the packet mode is
still. The payload sat PCSat2 gave by some passes a sig from it, and one or
two stations work by PCST2.

I hope that the packet mode is coming back earlier than before (Soyuz TMA7 reentry).
That was a long time too what we all have wait for the packet signal again.

Nice weekend, with the waiting for the sig from the ISS.

73de SWL-CHMY, Christian

SWL-CHMY – Thu, 2006 – 05 – 25 12:59

May 24th

Sky is falling?

Intersting article on the ARRL site about when SuitSat will re-enter.
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/05/24/5/?nc=1

Kenneth - N5VHO

N5VHO – Wed, 2006 – 05 – 24 17:24

May 20th

ISSFC Tracking module

I hope that I am not the only operator who has noticed that the website tracking is off (12-15 min.)
again... Any ideas ? or have i missed something. (no surprise there hi,hi)
73, Ron

N7SIJ – Sat, 2006 – 05 – 20 16:02

May 19th

rs0iss-11???

Ok im having a proablem with connecting here. Well as a mistake i did connect to the rs0iss-3 but i cannot connect to -11?? Any ideas?

W8OSP – Fri, 2006 – 05 – 19 09:52
<