Archive - Jul 2006 - Forum topic

July 30th

RS0ISS-4

Why is the ISS-callsign changed to rs0iss-4? Is this another packet radio system on board of the station? Do I have to put this new callsign in my unproto path? or can still use ARISS?
I have tried to connect to rs0iss-4, rs0iss-3, and rs0iss-11, but none of them replied to me.
I use use only 5 watts output which is very low, I must admit, but this was always enough to work the station in the past. I also notice that only a few hams are still able to get thru to the ISS. So I think I am not the only one having difficulties.

ON5APO – Mon, 2006 – 07 – 31 01:32

July 26th

SSTV news

I noticed this on the ARRL home page:

http://www.arrl.org/?artid=6627

Astronaut Vinogradov has set up a camera and may transmit SSTV over Moscow this weekend.

73 - Zach KM7I

KM7I – Wed, 2006 – 07 – 26 16:30

July 24th

Working ISS Voice

Hi,

My name is Louis, K6LPB. I am in Southern California, Los Angeles county. Is the ISS crew working anybody on 144.490 uplink for ITU Region 2. Would really like to talk to the ISS from my QTH in Southern California. Please let me know if they are ever listening for Region 2.

Thanks,

73 de K6LPB

K6LPB – Mon, 2006 – 07 – 24 14:23

RELAY - PATH

hello,

i would like to know if the APRS-Digipeater on the ISS also digipeates RELAY-Paths?

my mobile-trx is configured with RELAY,WIDE3-3

is it possible that my mobile aprs-signal can be digipeated with this configuration? otherwise i would have to change the settings too often! i know that RS0ISS-3 and ARISS work ... but what about RELAY?

greetings,

martin
www.oe5reo.at.tt

OE5REO – Mon, 2006 – 07 – 24 10:06

July 20th

I have any chance RX packet in audio mode ?

Hi all,

i'm a total newbie of digital modes... the question is this: i have mixw software coupled "on air" :) (so PC mic near receiver hearphone..) and i take good decoding of bpsk31, rtty, cw over all the HF spectrum.

Since i receive with a home made dipole the packet signal @145.800 FM every ISS pass from s3 to s8-9, i have any chance to do the same work of other modes letting Mixw in Packet mode and audio "air coupled" ?? I try, but burst frames is too short to understand if i'm ok in the waterfall and other settings...

Thanks and apologise for my very-very-newbie-question.

Cristiano, Italy in JN61sp, IC706MKIIg and dipoles, dipoles, dipoles :)

Anonymous – Thu, 2006 – 07 – 20 08:17

July 19th

Please avoid off topic posts

Lets discuss about the harm that APRS is doing.
Lets say no to the proposals of transforming the ISS into a big fat amsat satellite.
Lets make it clear that in the last 10 years there were no improvements in manned amateur radio operations.

The world cup is off topic, bottom line. I didnt even watch the final.

iz6byy – Wed, 2006 – 07 – 19 10:05

July 18th

How to contact ISS?

Hi everyone
This is my first post here, so I think this question has been made a thounsand times before (sorry about it).
I'm from Chile, and I'm very very interested on planning some kind of meeting between people here to talk via radio at ISS.

Well, i have some doubts about this, specially because i'm not even amateur on Radios but I'm expecting to do this with local amateur radio club.

They have the right equipment to have a contact with ISS, but I don't know if it's as easier as simply get tuned on frequency and begin to talk or do I need something else?
I have been reading about QSL but 1) Don't know exactly what they are and 2) don't know exactly where to get one.

pcolomes – Tue, 2006 – 07 – 18 09:16

July 16th

tracking software for pocket PC

Hi,

I'm new and somebody might have posted the same question in the past. I'm looking for a software for a pocket pc or pc to track the ISS. It would be good if the software can predict the transits of moon and sun by the ISS.

Thanks for your reply!!

regards
Hugo

hchristoffel – Sun, 2006 – 07 – 16 16:05

July 15th

STS-121 Solid Booster NASA Video GIF

This is a GIF of a Inflight Camera on STS 121 Solid Booster.Enjoy ISS Fanclub . Godspeed and softlanding STS 121![IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/seti23/Ham%20Radio/shuttlego_nasa.gif[/IMG]
KI4JVK – Sun, 2006 – 07 – 16 01:27

STS-121 Solid Booster NASA Video GIF

This is a GIF of a Inflight Camera on STS 121 Solid Booster.Enjoy ISS Fanclub . Godspeed and softlanding STS 121![img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/seti23/Ham%20Radio/shuttlego_nasa.gif[img]
KI4JVK – Sun, 2006 – 07 – 16 01:17
x

Date UTC Az El Lat Lon Orbit Vis
Print
x

Select your Location

x

Live APRS Tracking