• ISS APRS off the air?   4 hours 23 min ago

Those links will really help now and in the future. Thanks again Cor.
    73s, Michael nz4d

• HAMTV   7 hours 55 min ago

The HAMTV transmitter is still transmitting. Some very encouraging results received to date. This is probably the most demanding mode to receive from the ISS but it is very satisfying when you see the results/effects of minor adjustments/tweaks to your receive station.

• ISS APRS off the air?   19 hours 30 min ago

Hello Michael,

If ISS packet will be off again in the future than take a look (for the reason) at the ISS calendar:

More information about ISS amateur radio:

73s Cor PD0RKC

• ISS APRS off the air?   19 hours 46 min ago

I appreciate the response Cor ... I am glad all is well and get a kick out of gating traffic through and from the ISS. 73 .. Michael

• ISS APRS off the air?   19 hours 46 min ago

Hello Michael,

Few days agoo progress cargo vehicle docked on ISS.
    For safety reasons amateur radio transceivers have been turned off.
    I have heard that packet will be active again after the ARISS school contact at 06 October 2015 (16:29UTC).

73s Cor PD0RKC

• ISS transmitting SSTV images.   2 weeks 4 days ago

please dear Yousra F. Noori

you can contact me + iraqi amateur radio society we will help you achieve the contact we made contact before.

yours sincerely

Laith T adhary

07813730967 this is my phone number

• New Mexico Military Institute, Roswell, New Mexico, USA today 15:48 UTC   2 weeks 4 days ago

today 18 september ?

PS PLEASE after contact refer that is calling on ISS an russian or an american astronaut ? thank 73

• ISS QSL manager   2 weeks 5 days ago

Hello Danny,

During ARISS school contacts ISS crew will never respond to others.
    You can try to listen other ARISS school contacts maybe than you hear ISS crew saying (for example) the NA1SS callsign.
    After that you can request (SWL) ISS QSL card.
    Look often at Upcomming contacts:

73s Cor PD0RKC

• ISS QSL manager   2 weeks 5 days ago

Well I could only hear them they never responded to any of my transmissions so I wasn't sure if that qualified. I never heard any call signs or names of the cosmonaut talking. I was thinking the contact had to be verified some way.

Oh and by the way "sase" is self addressed stamped envelope so I would thing that would take care of the return postage. :D

DannyC KM4LMH

• New Mexico Military Institute, Roswell, New Mexico, USA today 15:48 UTC   2 weeks 5 days ago

Sorry missed this one totally.

I heard a couple of broken words and I live in central VA. Anyone 2-300 miles west of me should have been able to hear them. When I heard them they were over Texas!

Danny KM4LMH

• Yaesu FT-847 Packet-Radio with ISS   3 weeks 1 day ago

Thanks for the feedback.

I have a small idea which may help a bit.

maybe we could work on setting up the software on Linux, then create an image.
    The image could be virtual box, vmware or simply a raspberry pi SD card image.

This way your audience can download the image and follow the instructions, you have a level playing filed. everyone has the same starting point.

I have been working hard on some packet radio AX25 and the 44 IP range for ham radio, I'd love to include that on your web site at some point.

The ISS and UISS question is to automate the beacon close and through each pass, so you dont need to be there all the time, its easy to miss a short pass.
    I'd love to be able to monitor and gateway normal APRS and have the radio swap over to ISS 5 mins either side of the pass to collect the APRS from there.

Let me know if you think any of the above is of interest and we can work on this project off of this forum.

• ISS QSL Info   3 weeks 4 days ago

Hello Chris,

ISS transmitting DATV Digital Amateur Television between 2.422 GHz 2.437 GHz.
    It requires a DATV receiver and a yagi or dish.
    Maybe more interesting for you to listen ISS contacts with schools, these are done in analog voice mode on 145.800Mhz (FM).
    Sceduled ARISS school contacts will be anounced on: (See upcomming contacts).
    These school contacts can be heard with a simple scanner receiver and vetical base antenna in open air.
    If you have questions let me know.

73s Cor PD0RKC

• Yaesu FT-847 Packet-Radio with ISS   3 weeks 5 days ago

Hi everyone !

The F4BPP Homepage has been upgraded : There is a new Software Defined Radio area with a tutorial to install SDR Sharp (SDR#) on Linux. This is the only way to run this software under Linux now thanks to downloads addons.

Coming soon : Doppler correction with Orbitron and SDR Sharp, Best QFH aerial of the word building tutorial and GQRX SDR Radio with GPredict Doppler correction, FAQ Area...

Stay tuned !

73's, F4BPP.

• ISS QSL Info   3 weeks 5 days ago

Hi I'm new to this site and I am in the military. I would like to contact the ISS as it passes over my site. I am currently deployed to Jordan. I have an Harris 150, HF radio to reach the ISS on the Freq's 2.422 and 2.437GHz,these are the ones from the web I found, unless someone know more. I know the when the ISS is passing over Jordan 10 SEP 05:12AM for 4 min. any help would be greatly appreciated.

SSG Viera, US ARMY

• R0ISS on air .... wow !!!! heard voice russian om call 6 sep 2015   4 weeks 1 day ago

the video is online on my web site !

• LINK Bugdet   4 weeks 3 days ago

N5VHO sorry but the rtx ericsson handy in columbus module have not ONLY 3-4 watt output ? why you say 7 watt ?

Eng.Yousra F.Noori aerospace engineer

here in my web site you try my article in PDF in how mode is the rtx station in russian module and europena module and the antennas, here

best 73 de Rudy - IW2BSF

• LINK Bugdet   4 weeks 4 days ago

ISS VHF gear in the Columbus module consists of a 7 watt FM handheld radio.
    It is fed into a unity gain, 1/4 wave, linear antenna.

• LINK Bugdet   4 weeks 4 days ago

To Eng.Yousra F.Noori,

What is your amateur radio callsign?
    I could not find your name related to a callsign in

73s Cor PD0RKC

• LINK Bugdet   4 weeks 5 days ago

I use am rf only set up but intend to try to get my aprs station set up as a ground station connected to the internet.
    I do have it set up to relay rf stations heard that are close to my ground stations, sometimes I use my hand held vx8r yaesu inside and when I am out and about walking.
    My base set up is using nothing more then a hand held radio with 12 volt plug into it so it don't need the battery it is a Yaesu VX7 5 watts.
    I use a Argent Data systems OT2M with the connection with a pre made cable to connect the radio mic/speaker port to the OT2M.
    I have a y cable to split the com port so I can use the gps and connect the weather station. I have used it to test as a ground station putting a laptop in the place of the gps and setting it to use aprs software such as xastir or ui veiw to have it send to the appropriate aprs internet site.
    As for the antenna I am using a mobile antenna on an angled roof giving the mobile antenna a good look angle to the sky ,which works to copy ISS and get in and on the map of the aprs site as well as hear the aprs capable satellites from time to time when they are in range.
    To start you do not need much , even if it is a receive only ground station that can help having another ground station ,since there are not many ground stations even here in the United States, I do have a pre amp I can add in if they are just outside my range that helps receive but have not yet put the rf amp in line to increase power to 50 watts. Keep in mind there are a few satellites that use the same frequency as iss and high power can cause issues to other stations in its foot print especially of you are using a yagi or some type of directional antenna with high gain. I have done well with 5 watts and a mobile antenna out on the roof .
    I do plan to expand on my system soon. But to start look at the options of maybe using some of the sound card aprs options and plug into the audio port on the radio so at least see how it works with receive on what you have for equipment and watch the tracking of iss and it's foot print to see when you start hearing something. Maybe others will comment on some other possible options that will work for you and a cost effective method.

• I got this Packet message this morning   4 weeks 6 days ago

Thank you, David.

This help a lot.

73, Karn

• I got this Packet message this morning   4 weeks 6 days ago

Hi Karn,

Yes it's a beacon packet sent direct from the ISS (from RS0ISS). More info can be found at these sites.

73 David G7HCE

• No Activity - 301400CET August   4 weeks 6 days ago

Hello N1NCB, works fine.
    Probably no igate stations (in USA) have picked up your digipeated beacon via ISS.
    ISS packet station with the Erricson transmit with low power.
    With your mobile mount antenna it is recommanded to use UISS with soundmodem software.
    Soundmodem decodes weak packet signals.

73s Cor PD0RKC

• No Activity - 301400CET August   5 weeks 2 hours ago

I heard it last pass over near to in range of Maine on 145.825
    I was able to beacon to it and it heard my station but noticed it is not showing up on the web page and it is not updating stations heard.
    I also checked and it's not updating the info and time and date heard.
    It is showing old data.
    Got one more good pass of ISS this morning will see what happens then.
    I only run a 5 watt hand held and a mobile mount antenna on an angle on my roof.
    Glad they are back on line.

• No Activity - 301400CET August   5 weeks 3 hours ago

ISS heard and worked 1:10 UTC September 1 from Winterville, North Carolina.