• Have you seen the ISS with your naked eyes??   2 days 9 hours ago

yesterday 29th October at 19:09PM IST(13:39GMT) I saw ISS through naked eyes. It was passing over my city (Pune, India). A very bright star like object but was moving from North-West to South-East. Such a glorious experience as from months I was awaiting to have a glimpse of it. Yesterday got a clear cloud-fee sky.

• Have you seen the ISS with your naked eyes??   3 days 19 hours ago

Took the wife and kids out this evening around 7:40 pm local Eastern time to see it pass overhead from NW to SE. Looked like a fast moving star....WB4TF

• Have you seen the ISS with your naked eyes??   5 days 16 hours ago

Have seen it often the past several nights in Montana

• ISS followed by another object this evening   1 week 1 hour ago

Tonight at 19:45 (local time Athens, Greece) Space X was visible followed by super bright ISS. Moving from NW to SE. Great spectacle !!

• Latest ISS QSL Card Address   1 week 5 days ago

Hello Cor PD0RKC

thank you for info on latest QSL mailing addresses,very much appreciated.

73 de Ken.VK6CO
    Perth,Western Australia.

• Latest ISS QSL Card Address   1 week 6 days ago

Hello Ken,

Here you can find the addresses of the QSL managers also for your region.

Follow the ISS QSL request instructions on the ARISS website.
    Print out on paper your bbs contact and send it with your QSL card.

73s Cor PD0RKC

• Contacting ISS   1 week 6 days ago

Hello Malcolm,

For a personal contact it is not true that you can book a time to make a contact with the ISS crew.
    Only if you want to apply for an official ARISS school contact.
    Random contacts depends on the interest of ISS crew members.
    In the past some ISS crew members liked amateur radio and some made a lot random contacts.
    Current ISS crew is not much voice active.
    Reid Wiseman made random contacts during the USA field day event.
    Alexander Gerst made a few sceduled contacts with German hams he knows.
    I think you have to wait a while for next crew so keep following voice status reports.
    But you can always join packet/aprs via the ISS.

73's Cor PD0RKC

• First ISS Contact from Ghana (9G2AA)   2 weeks 5 days ago

Hello 9G2AA,

Here is a youtube video showing receiving a ISS SSTV picture!
    At the end you hear voice conversation from Richard Garriott (space tourist aboard the ISS in 2008).

Cor PD0RKC

• First ISS Contact from Ghana (9G2AA)   2 weeks 5 days ago

I certainly received it during the ISS pass over Ghana and on their designated frequency. I am using a USRP N210 radio and SodaRadio as my hardware and software setup. I guess the frequency might be a little offset. However, can I receive NOAA satellite imagies on an amateur (ISS) frequency??

Thank you.

• First ISS Contact from Ghana (9G2AA)   3 weeks 1 day ago

The sound you are hearing is coded images coming from a weather satellite. It might be one of the NOAA Sats. If you have the correct decoding software, you can receive the images that the sat is taking of earth.

• First ISS Contact from Ghana (9G2AA)   3 weeks 5 days ago

Not sure what you were recording but that is not like any signal I have heard from ISS amateur radio system. The packet system has much shorter bursts and is on 145.825. Voice or SSTV would be on 145.800.

• Voice Contact?   3 weeks 5 days ago

Hello Donevin Kelly,

Current ISS crew is not much voice active with random contacts.
    Reid Wiseman has made only few random contacts on USA and
    Alexander Gerst (DP0ISS) has only made (sceduled) contacts with
    German hams he know.
    But you can make APRS/packet contacts via the ISS packet system.
    RS0ISS aprs/packet is 24 hours per day active on 145.825Mhz.
    With AGW and UISS soundcard software you can work via the
    ISS digipeater system.
    Also good packet software is soundmodem:
    You can follow the ISS aprs/packet tracking via this website:

73's Cor PD0RKC

• Voice Contact?   3 weeks 6 days ago

EX8CK

• Voice Contact?   3 weeks 6 days ago

What is your callsign?

73s Cor PD0RKC

• need info   5 weeks 22 hours ago

Hello George,

C RS0ISS-1 (connect the ISS bbs).
    L < enter key >
    Now you will see a list of subtitles with a message number.
    If you want to read a message.
    R 145 < enter key >

If you try this first later I can tell you how to post a message in the iss bbs.

73s Cor PD0RKC

• Xastir as a Satgate?   5 weeks 23 hours ago

Hi, everything is outdated. Few apps have been maintained. The UISS and the soundmodem do work. The AGW packet app works but needs set up correctly. I use both as I have a TNC also.

There seems to be a packet repeater working where the ISS only repeats what it hears. The ISS sends out its name in APRS MESSAGE. BUT I never seen it leave a position on any of my igate/APRS MAPS. YOU CAN SEE IT ON ariss.net map along with the stations it hears. I am new at this and don't know if I am correct or not but this is from my observations.
    - gtech001us

• need info   5 weeks 23 hours ago

I am KK6NWJ

• need info   5 weeks 4 days ago

Hello gtech,

Do you have a callsign?

Cor PD0RKC

• need info   5 weeks 4 days ago

Hi and with that settled I was able to message them and got on the map. thank you very much it made my day!

I am ready for my next task, what is on the BBS.
    Is it possible to log into the ISS packet server BBS (hope i said that correctly) and down-load messages?

later 73
    gtech

• ISS Radio Report   5 weeks 4 days ago

hello from Oxford Ohio

• US Spacewalk Frequencies   6 weeks 6 days ago

414.200 MHz Space-to-Space EMU Radio [primary] digital Phase-Modulation
    417.100 MHz Space-to-Space EMU Radio [secondary] digital Phase-Modulation

• need info   6 weeks 6 days ago

Hi Gtech001us

Aprs is also packet, only active on 145.825Mhz.
    145.800Mhz is only used for voice communications and SSTV.

73s Cor PD0RKC

• need info   7 weeks 18 hours ago

hi, isn't the packet freq 145.800? and the APRS is 145.825?

• need info   7 weeks 23 hours ago

Hello vu3jnm,

Current ISS crew is not much voice active.
    Reid Wiseman made some contacts on USA region a while agoo.
    Alexander Gerst made only a few sceduled contacts with German hams he knows.
    ISS packet is often 24 hours per day active on 145.825Mhz simplex.
    There is some good soundcard packet software which you can use to communicate via ISS packet system.

73s Cor PD0RKC

• ISS QSL Info   7 weeks 4 days ago

To been be able to to use the machines back in the day would have been pretty cool. Especially since that would have been the only way of communicating not like now.