• Receiving ISS on UHF from Central Italy   7 hours 54 min ago

No I don't use the internal TNC, it could not to be possible to use both TNC and Serial data for WispDDE.
    I use an SCS Tracker, the one famous for the Robust Packet that can do also 1200 AFSK

• Reading Data of Kenwood ts 2000 on pc   10 hours 23 min ago

Data IN/OUT and PTT is via the ACC2 13 pin socket on the rear of the TS-2000 connections as shown on page 95 of the Owners Manual and not controlled from the volume knob but is fixed level which can be adjusted in the MENU 50C value.

• Reading Data of Kenwood ts 2000 on pc   12 hours 24 min ago

You can read data from the internal tnc with hypeterminal when the radio and pc are set to the correct port baud and tnc is switched on in the menu rate but you won't be able to run other programs ARCSii,HRD or MCP2000 at the same time on the serial lead if that's what you trying to do.

With my TS-2000 setup I use pc soundcard UISS with Soundmodem software for ISS http://users.belgacom.net/hamradio/uiss.htm and connection using this CAT lead https://radioarena.co.uk/programming-cables/kenwood/usb-cat-/-programmin... then you run HRD or Orbitron for tracking and Doppler and this lead for the 13 pin din socket on rear of radio https://radioarena.co.uk/data-mode-cables/audio-usb-ptt/kenwood/data-mod... this then will key-up the radio and send the data and will work with HRD, UISS,MCP2000 and all other software.
    This setup will allow you work all the data modes in HRD and satellite tracking and other software and also work the ISS with UISS and Soundmodem.
    This is what it looks like running HRD+Satellite Tracking and UISS https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ns1ma44dnc3j86q/TS2000%2BHRD%2BUISS.png?dl=0
    And running APRSIS32 just for ISS only https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q71wbjrn3liccln/APRS32.png?dl=0

The other way to connect would be using signalink interface http://www.tigertronics.com

Hope this helps.

• Receiving ISS on UHF from Central Italy   13 hours 21 min ago

I would guess that Ik1SLD is using fully tracked switchable high-gain X-yagis with masthead preamps which would be the norm for school contacts.
    I use 20 watts into mobile Omni. Last pass here 23.9 deg I heard some packets but mostly it was deaf and didn't hear me at all hope for better on next passes.
    Out of curiosity do you use the internal packet of the TS-2000.? As I've found that to be poor on the iss compared to soundmodem and uiss.

• 8-9 december SSTV MAI Experiment !   14 hours 2 min ago

The experiment is for the MAI group in Moscow. They used to just have it active while only in range of Moscow but that took more time for the start and stop so they now let it run between the first and last pass of Moscow. Maybe someday they will let it run for longer.

• Receiving ISS on UHF from Central Italy   1 day 37 min ago

Thanks for the reply Dave,
    I am curious to know which antenna is used by IK1SLD. I tried with two different antennas without success and not only I cannot hear him, but it did not even listen to me with 50 watts.

Raffaello IZ0QWM

• Reading Data of Kenwood ts 2000 on pc   1 day 1 hour ago

I have a similar problem with Kenwood TS-2000. Kindly tell me if my understanding is right. Data that is received by the transceiver can be read into the PC using the aux port provided at the back of the transceiver. And the data that is to be transmitted needs to be sent via the 8-pin DIN port provided on the front-side of the transceiver. If that is the case, can someone guide me as to how to go about with the transmission of data from PC, in terms of what software is required, etc.?
    Thank you.

• Receiving ISS on UHF from Central Italy   1 day 6 hours ago

I'm in the southwest of UK and also use TS-2000 in split mode either using HRD or Orbitron for tracking and Doppler for uhf 437.550 with a mobile 2/70 mobile Omni antenna slightly tilted away from the oncoming iss. I do not use the inbuilt tnc but use UISS + Soundmodem via pc soundcard. It's not easy since the switch-over but find 16-45 deg passes assending to the southwest of my location are the best with high overhead passes the worse. I've also tried it with the Arrow-2 2/70 portable yagi antenna but not much better which works just fine on AO-85 and SO-50. Maybe the location of the uhf antenna is being effected by the sheer mass of the body structure on the iss and effecting the radiation pattern especially overhead passes and when moving away.

I'm able to work the iss at times and gating some traffic as well as my own with aprsis32 but it's not easy and not many stations on over Europe as can be seen on http://www.ariss.net/ and i'm guessing others are getting the same problems.

There is an ARISS school contact operated by IK1SLD, located in Casale Monferrato, northern Italy Thursday December 8, 2016 at approximately 15:19 UTC, which is 16:19 CEWT.
    It will be interesting with the downlink on UHF 5 watts 437.525 MHz (same radio used for packet digipeater) because SSTV transmissions from the Russian crew will be on 145.800 at the same time.

• ISS Radio Report 42080   1 day 7 hours ago

I was able to beacon over Exeter/UK using Omni on 21:57 UTC 45.9 deg pass.

2016-12-06 21:47:10 SO-50 319.3 45.9 ecl 889 303.3 -51.4

06/12/2016 21:57:08

Fm G7HCE To CQ Via RS0ISS* [21:57:30]
    =5042.86N/00329.10W`SGATE Exeter/UK IO80GR via ISS 437.550Mhz
    Fm G7HCE To CQ Via RS0ISS* [21:57:43]
    Hello To All via ISS 73's David in Exeter

• ISS Radio Report   1 day 11 hours ago

EA7AFM was active on RS0ISS-1 pms over the Exeter/UK at the time.

06/12/2016 17:06:41

Fm RS0ISS-1 To EA7AFM [17:09:01]
    Logged on to RS0ISS's Personal Message System
    Fm RS0ISS-1 To EA7AFM [17:09:02]
    CMD(B/H/J/K/KM/L/M/R/S/SB/SP/ST/SR/V/?)>

• 8-9 december SSTV MAI Experiment !   1 day 14 hours ago

I know it's not the same as receiving direct from the ISS but if you want to download the images try and configure your pc soundcard to downloading the images via these sites as shown.
    Listen to the ISS when it is over Russia with the R4UAB WebSDR http://websdr.r4uab.ru/
    Listen to the ISS when in range of London with the SUWS WebSDR http://websdr.suws.org.uk/

• ISS SSTV Planned for December   1 day 14 hours ago

It looks like the SSTV will be on continuous between dates and times shown Dec 8 (12:35-1800) and Dec 9 (12:40-17:40) UTC to cover orbits over Moscow. You will need to look at ISS passes to see if it's over your area during these time. Orbitron shows that it covers South America only during both days and not the east coast of US.

Try and configure your pc soundcard to downloading the images via these sites as shown.

There's also an ARISS school contact in Italy December 8, 2016 at approximately 15:19 UTC. The downlink on UHF 437.525 MHz the same day on 145.800 the SSTV transmission so will be using both radios at same time.

• 8-9 december SSTV MAI Experiment !   1 day 14 hours ago

Hi,

At these timeslots the orbits are quite similar and covers about the same part of the globe.
    Unfortunately for many countries, their hams have no chance of receiving anything during these timeslots/orbits.
    Why not give more hams a change to pick up these transmissions the second day through improved scheduling?

Anybody agree/disagree?

Keith
    zs6tw

• ISS SSTV Planned for December   1 day 15 hours ago

Are they going to broadcast SSTV Dec 8 and Dec 9 as they pass around the world, or are they only going to turn it on over the Moscow passes?

Can we see something here on the east coast of the US ?

• 8 december ARISS contact to school in France !   3 days 7 hours ago

You will only hear the astronaut speaking and not the school. Because of the SSTV transmissions on 145.800Mhz at same time the voice contact might be a little harder to hear now it's moved over to Ericsson UHF 5 watts 437.525Mhz.

Participants will ask as many of the following questions as time allows:

1. Lucie (3rd): What is the reference time on board?
    2. Lorene (3rd): Do you make yourself your dioxygen or do you have any reservations?
    3. Mélanie (3rd): How do you do if someone gets seriously injured in the station?
    4. Anna (3rd): What are your experiences now?
    5. Louis (3rd): Have you made any discoveries?
    6. Matthew (3rd): Can there be fog in your helmet?
    7. Rozenn (3rd): Is gravity constant in the ISS during its revolution?
    8. Laure (3rd): How do you physiologically feel the variation in severity between the Earth and the ISS?
    9. Hugo (3rd): Is the water you consume recycled or comes from stocks?
    10. Hugo (3rd): Where are we on the experiences with the inflatable housing?
    11. Anthony (3rd): Apart from the Earth, what can you observe in space from the ISS? Do you see stars?
    12. Enola (3rd): What is the most beautiful thing you have seen?
    13. Ximena (3rd): What temperature does it do in the ISS and in space?
    14. Tom (3rd): How long can you walk normally when you return to Earth?
    15. Maud (3rd): Are there important steps to manage when you return to Earth in the Soyuz capsule?
    16. Samuel (3rd): How do you know that night has fallen?
    17. François (3rd): How do you do if you lose the radio link with the Earth?
    18. Alicia (3rd): During an outing in space, how long do you have autonomy?
    19. Leila (3rd): How do you feed yourself, do you grow crops?
    20. Bleuenn (3rd): How do you know that you are upside down or in the place in the ISS?

• 8 december ARISS contact to school in France !   3 days 7 hours ago

I will try and listen in to both on the Icom IC-Z1 Ht as I can set the speaker out for vhf band 145.800 for msstv via pc and listen to 437.525 via internal speaker + Arrow 2/70 portable antenna whilst downloading the sstv images. Hope contact goes well on UHF I managed to work IK1SLD via packet digipeater yesterday on 437.550 Mhz.

• 8 december ARISS contact to school in France !   3 days 8 hours ago

On a contact like this, will you be able to hear both sides of the conversation on the downlink? Or will you only hear the astronaut speaking and not the school?

• ISS SSTV Planned for December   6 days 12 hours ago

Orbitron muestra las pistas de ISS que cubren el sur de América durante estos tiempos también y sstv podría estar disponible en su área.

• ISS SSTV Planned for December   6 days 13 hours ago

hola, estoy en argentina, y leo que las emisiones de sstv para esos dias son en orbitas rusas. Solo en esa zona se recibiran. O se podra por esta parte del mundo recibir sstv tambie.
    Agradeceria informacion gracias pablocattaneo2011@gmail.com

• ISS SSTV Planned for December   1 week 8 hours ago

The ham radio in the Russian Segment is what supports the SSTV activity and also supports voice operations. SSTV will be on 145.800.
    The radio in the Columbus module (USOS) is what supported VHF packet and Voice. The VHF radio has died and been replaced by the UHF radio and packet is now on 437.550.

• ISS SSTV Planned for December   1 week 8 hours ago

Since the VHF Digipeater has recently died, will it still transmit on 145.800 MHz? Or will it move the UHF?

• 25 November contact to school in Poland !   1 week 2 days ago

Hello
    my club (SP6ZWR) and I were preparing this ARISS.
    This was our first. It was a fantastic experience.

Link to record the whole event: https://youtu.be/nra3iVslPcE
    ISS contact time is: 2:05:00 on movie

The first gallery: http://www.liceum-wroc.salezjanie.pl/box4-menu_photo-box5-headline_news-...

Wlodek SQ6NLN

club website: www.sp6zwr.com.pl
    club FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sp6zwr

• ISS Radio Report 41994   3 weeks 2 days ago

I wil be recieving today (I will be at work) I have seen a 5 element 144 + 8 element 432 boom 1,5 meter at ebay (in italy)
    Did you see that I get over PSAT sunday :-)

• ISS Radio Report 41994   3 weeks 6 days ago
    Re

Yes managed a QLS with DK1WB and was only station online. It was a lower 33 deg pass and was not expecting much so forgot to switch the satgate on for ariss.net but saved the monitor screen and screenshot of the exchange. Using the Omni I only get a narrow window of usage on 437.550, about 1 minute after AOS west of my location then it's lost overhead then not heard east of my location at all as it descends over Europe. ISS was quiet again this morning with passes being during the night hours now so won't be much activity.
    I see Amsat UK are out of stock on the ELK 2M/440L5 log periodic handheld antenna which looks like my best option at this time.

PSAT (UO-84) packet digipeater 145.825 is back online again today so beaconed that one earlier. You should be able to test your new radio on that now. I beaconed this sat with the TH-D72 + APRSIS32 for satgate hence the -10 as wasn't sure if there were any other stations on. Haven't had any success yet with the TS-2000 + UISS and soundcard will try again over the weekend with some different settings.

20161110124406 : G7HCE-10]UP4RXV,PSAT,ARISS*,WIDE1-1,qAR,DM0AI-10:`y9&l"%[/]73's David in Exeter/UK IO80gr via SAT=
    20161110124330 : PSAT]APRSON,ARISS,qAR,DM0AI-10:T#590,826,067,851,504,363,00011000
    20161110124254 : G7HCE-10]UP4RXU,PSAT,ARISS*,WIDE1-1,qAR,LA3QMA-6:`y9'l!H[/]73's David in Exeter/UK IO80gr via SAT=
    20161110124233 : PSAT]APRSON,ARISS,qAR,LA3QMA-6:!27 . S\048 . ES040/999/W3ADO s#027788,0z290
    20161110124132 : PSAT]APRSON,ARISS,qAR,G7HCE-10:s#027787,0z290,FJGEKGDKGDJGCJFAKEaJEfJDgJDhIDhIDhHE
    20161110124128 : PSAT]APRSON,ARISS,qAR,G7HCE-10:T#588,814,365,848,507,363,00011000

• ISS Radio Report 41994   3 weeks 6 days ago

Very fine the DK1WB are the german station I saw earlyer and I have seen you :-)

Today I have changed the 70 cm eggbeater to the 2 mtr version but was to late to see NO-84 today some days I have to be at work :-)
    '