• Where has the predicted pass gone?   13 hours 2 min ago

Thank you Alain. The "predict a pass" appears to be working again. Very well done my friend

• Where has the predicted pass gone?   18 hours 31 min ago

Sorry for being so slow, but I still cannot manage to install IE11 on an old laptop of mine that runs Windows 7.
    I am getting an error (9C59) that is well known. Its incredible that a product like this fails to install with so many people but, it is what it is.
    As soon as I will find a IE11 laptop I will try to fix the problem

• Where has the predicted pass gone?   4 days 12 hours ago

Many thanks for your reply Alain and I look forward to seeing the predicted pass reappear on internet explorer 11 soon

• Where has the predicted pass gone?   1 week 3 days ago

Hello everyone.
    I have noticed there are some problems with IE11. I will fix them asap.
    Precision should now be ok again

Alain

• Where has the predicted pass gone?   2 weeks 3 days ago

Thanks to both of you for your comments. I am grateful that it doesn't just seem to be a problem with me, but sad you are experiencing the same problem. Can the webmaster please look into this as the feature is greatly missed

• Where has the predicted pass gone?   2 weeks 3 days ago

It's the same on my side with ie 8 and ie 11 on different Computers with w7 prof. 64 bit and w7 home 64 bit. It s since ca. 1 week
    73 de dd1u

• Where has the predicted pass gone?   2 weeks 3 days ago

I have noticed that the Pass Prediction feature is not there in Google Chrome as well. IF a site administrator sees this post, please troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

• Where has the predicted pass gone?   2 weeks 5 days ago

I am guessing the Past Prediction does not work with IE11. Works on my computer with windows visa using IE9 but does not work with the computer with windows 7 with IE11.

Also the Pass Prediction seems to be about 3 minutes faster than my SatPC32

• ISS Fan Club Tracking s/w   5 weeks 10 hours ago

Alain, What tracking program would any of you use if you could only have one? I'm using Kenwood gear, both a D7 HT & D710 mobile with an handheld Arrow, FYI.
    73, Rob & God Speed!

• Make Contact: Ask the Astronaut on Space Station a Question   7 weeks 6 days ago

Hi,

This may be an unusual question, but I was wondering what the temperature of the interior surfaces of the windows are in space. Our first thought is that they should be rather cold, since space is cold. But thinking of it further, since heat can only escape in space through infrared radiation instead of direct thermal contact, it's possible that the windows are as warm as the bulkhead walls that surround them. Please let me know.

Thanks!

• How to get ISS Fan Club location to work?   8 weeks 6 days ago

Hi Alain!

Thanks very much! Thats brilliant :-) It works!

73!

Paul.

• problem in web page   8 weeks 6 days ago

I'm sorry. I just noticed this problem and I fixed it

Thanks

Alain

• FAN CLUB   8 weeks 6 days ago

you are #4301

Regards

Alain

• How to get ISS Fan Club location to work?   8 weeks 6 days ago

Paul,

There was a bug that I corrected. I really should find some time/energy to upgrade this website...

Alain K1FM

• How to get ISS Fan Club location to work?   8 weeks 6 days ago

Hi Cor,

Well, maybe thats the problem. Technically where I am is a sea area, not a town or village. Papahanaumokuakea is a marine momument. But the red pin appears in the right place and there is a message telling me to click on it.

As for the browser, I am using Firefox under Linux. But I can try Chromium too, so I will let you know how that goes.

Paul.

• How to get ISS Fan Club location to work?   8 weeks 6 days ago

Hello Paul,

I have tried several different city names in Holland and the red balloon change location.
    So I dont saw any problem here.

After you hit the search button do you see a new window appear with the message:
    your city/village
    If this is your correct location click at the red pin to
    select it, otherwise please search again.

If you double click on the "middle" of the red pin (triangle) "slowly" the window must dissapeare and your
    city/village name should be visible under the tracker map with the red balloon above your city/village on map.

With firefox 28.0 I dont see the red pin (triangle) appear.
    With IE 6.0 I see the red pin (triangle).

73's Cor PD0RKC

• FAN CLUB   8 weeks 6 days ago

Hi Cor; AAI nrs go to 252. These nrs are 4 digits, ie: 4---, 3---.
    Obviously made up.n1xed

• FAN CLUB   8 weeks 6 days ago

Hello N1XED,

Maybe some radio amateurs used the issfanclub award numbers?
    See the award photo right top side (#0).
    Look here for the callsigns with award numbers:

73's Cor PD0RKC

• ISS Radio Report   8 weeks 6 days ago

Thanks so much Cor!
    It was just what i needed.
    73 de Mike
    N7NMS

• ISS Radio Report   8 weeks 6 days ago

Hi,

Are you trying to post a message in the ISS bbs?
    Try this:

C RS0ISS
    SB ALL
    gm from western md (subject)
    73 andgl de n7nms (text message)
    /EX (end off message command)
    b (means disconnect)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    RS0ISS BBS commands.
    B(ye) B [CR] disconnects you from PMS.
    H(elp) H [CR] or ? [CR] displays this help file.
    J(log) J [CR] displays a list of callsigns heard (optional date/time)
    K(ill) K n [CR] deletes message number n (only to/from your callsign).
    KM(ine) KM[CR] deletes all READ messages addressed to your call sign.
    L(ist) L [CR] lists the 10 latest messages.
    M(ine) M [CR] lists the 10 latest messages to/from your callsign.
    R(ead) R n [CR] reads message number n.
    S(end) S (callsign) [CR] begins a message addressed to (callsign).
    SB Sends Bulletin
    SP Sends Personal
    ST Sends Traffic
    Subject: ending with [CR].
    Text: End each line with [CR]. End message by
    typing /ex [CR] or CTRL-Z [CR]
    at the beginning of a new line.
    SR(eply) SR n[CR] Sends a reply to message n prompting only for text.
    V(ersion) V [CR] displays the software version of the PMS system.

CMD(B/H/J/K/KM/L/M/R/S/SB/SP/ST/SR/V/?)>

d

disc
    disc
    *** Retry count exceeded

• ISS Radio Report   10 weeks 15 hours ago

Hi W5XV,

Yes you can request an ISS QSL card for your aprs/packet contacts with ISS.
    Print out on paper the ISS digipeated beacons with your callsign and also send
    your W5XV QSL card to the ARISS QSL manager for USA region.
    See above at the issfanclub menu -----> QSL

73's Cor PD0RKC

• ISS Radio Report   10 weeks 1 day ago

It seems that the digi on the ISS is nowhere near as strong as it used to be a few weeks ago. And it also seems that the deviation of the packet signal is below normal as well. I have not measured it but I don't believe it is as loud as it used to be. But my igate is still decoding plenty of packets. Did something change?

• ISS Radio Report   10 weeks 1 day ago

I have a good way to be heard by the ISS on aprs. I have made about 7 contacts on aprs via ISS. I use a tm-d710 duel-bander with aprs. I tried to make a video of how it is done but I have to see how it comes out before I post it.

BTW , my last 2 contacts were this morning, and have made 7 contacts in 6 days so I think I have it down better than when I first started a long while ago.

Does anyone know if you can QSL for aprs contacts?
    w5xv

• ISS Radio Report   10 weeks 1 day ago

Do you know if you can QSL for aprs contacts?