• Will you attend the Dayton Hamvention 2014?   2 days 13 hours ago

I will be there Saturday Alain! I have been to several Daytonfests and you maybe awe struck and overwhelmed by the size of it and the crowd. If anybody else is interested I'd be willing to meet up but it will be a difficult task as where to meet and how to identify one another as ISS fan club members.

• Make Contact: Ask the Astronaut on Space Station a Question   2 weeks 3 days ago

Hi,

This may be an unusual question, but I was wondering what the temperature of the interior surfaces of the windows are in space. Our first thought is that they should be rather cold, since space is cold. But thinking of it further, since heat can only escape in space through infrared radiation instead of direct thermal contact, it's possible that the windows are as warm as the bulkhead walls that surround them. Please let me know.

Thanks!

• How to get ISS Fan Club location to work?   3 weeks 2 days ago

Hi Alain!

Thanks very much! Thats brilliant :-) It works!

73!

Paul.

• problem in web page   3 weeks 2 days ago

I'm sorry. I just noticed this problem and I fixed it

Thanks

Alain

• FAN CLUB   3 weeks 3 days ago

you are #4301

Regards

Alain

• How to get ISS Fan Club location to work?   3 weeks 3 days ago

Paul,

There was a bug that I corrected. I really should find some time/energy to upgrade this website...

Alain K1FM

• How to get ISS Fan Club location to work?   3 weeks 3 days ago

Hi Cor,

Well, maybe thats the problem. Technically where I am is a sea area, not a town or village. Papahanaumokuakea is a marine momument. But the red pin appears in the right place and there is a message telling me to click on it.

As for the browser, I am using Firefox under Linux. But I can try Chromium too, so I will let you know how that goes.

Paul.

• How to get ISS Fan Club location to work?   3 weeks 3 days ago

Hello Paul,

I have tried several different city names in Holland and the red balloon change location.
    So I dont saw any problem here.

After you hit the search button do you see a new window appear with the message:
    your city/village
    If this is your correct location click at the red pin to
    select it, otherwise please search again.

If you double click on the "middle" of the red pin (triangle) "slowly" the window must dissapeare and your
    city/village name should be visible under the tracker map with the red balloon above your city/village on map.

With firefox 28.0 I dont see the red pin (triangle) appear.
    With IE 6.0 I see the red pin (triangle).

73's Cor PD0RKC

• FAN CLUB   3 weeks 3 days ago

Hi Cor; AAI nrs go to 252. These nrs are 4 digits, ie: 4---, 3---.
    Obviously made up.n1xed

• FAN CLUB   3 weeks 3 days ago

Hello N1XED,

Maybe some radio amateurs used the issfanclub award numbers?
    See the award photo right top side (#0).
    Look here for the callsigns with award numbers:

73's Cor PD0RKC

• ISS Radio Report   3 weeks 3 days ago

Thanks so much Cor!
    It was just what i needed.
    73 de Mike
    N7NMS

• ISS Radio Report   3 weeks 3 days ago

Hi,

Are you trying to post a message in the ISS bbs?
    Try this:

C RS0ISS
    SB ALL
    gm from western md (subject)
    73 andgl de n7nms (text message)
    /EX (end off message command)
    b (means disconnect)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    RS0ISS BBS commands.
    B(ye) B [CR] disconnects you from PMS.
    H(elp) H [CR] or ? [CR] displays this help file.
    J(log) J [CR] displays a list of callsigns heard (optional date/time)
    K(ill) K n [CR] deletes message number n (only to/from your callsign).
    KM(ine) KM[CR] deletes all READ messages addressed to your call sign.
    L(ist) L [CR] lists the 10 latest messages.
    M(ine) M [CR] lists the 10 latest messages to/from your callsign.
    R(ead) R n [CR] reads message number n.
    S(end) S (callsign) [CR] begins a message addressed to (callsign).
    SB Sends Bulletin
    SP Sends Personal
    ST Sends Traffic
    Subject: ending with [CR].
    Text: End each line with [CR]. End message by
    typing /ex [CR] or CTRL-Z [CR]
    at the beginning of a new line.
    SR(eply) SR n[CR] Sends a reply to message n prompting only for text.
    V(ersion) V [CR] displays the software version of the PMS system.

CMD(B/H/J/K/KM/L/M/R/S/SB/SP/ST/SR/V/?)>

d

disc
    disc
    *** Retry count exceeded

• ISS Radio Report   4 weeks 4 days ago

Hi W5XV,

Yes you can request an ISS QSL card for your aprs/packet contacts with ISS.
    Print out on paper the ISS digipeated beacons with your callsign and also send
    your W5XV QSL card to the ARISS QSL manager for USA region.
    See above at the issfanclub menu -----> QSL

73's Cor PD0RKC

• ISS Radio Report   4 weeks 5 days ago

It seems that the digi on the ISS is nowhere near as strong as it used to be a few weeks ago. And it also seems that the deviation of the packet signal is below normal as well. I have not measured it but I don't believe it is as loud as it used to be. But my igate is still decoding plenty of packets. Did something change?

• ISS Radio Report   4 weeks 5 days ago

I have a good way to be heard by the ISS on aprs. I have made about 7 contacts on aprs via ISS. I use a tm-d710 duel-bander with aprs. I tried to make a video of how it is done but I have to see how it comes out before I post it.

BTW , my last 2 contacts were this morning, and have made 7 contacts in 6 days so I think I have it down better than when I first started a long while ago.

Does anyone know if you can QSL for aprs contacts?
    w5xv

• ISS Radio Report   4 weeks 5 days ago

Do you know if you can QSL for aprs contacts?

• Contact With ISS   5 weeks 3 days ago

Dear Hussein,

To make a "school" contact with ISS you need to apply for a sceduled ARISS contact.
    Read here for info:
    Keep in mind there is a waiting list.

73's Cor PD0RKC

• problem in web page   6 weeks 6 days ago

I can see the tracking map with:
    Google chrome version 33.0.1750.146 m

Also the tracking map is visible with:
    Firefox version 27.0.1

I can NOT see the tracking map with Internet Explorer 11.
    Version: 11.0.9600.16518IS

Maybe you can install and trie firefox?

If that all does not work than contact Alain IZ6BYY.
    Alain made the issfanclub website.
    His e-mail address is alain (at) alain.it

73's Cor PD0RKC

• Cubesats statutus and tracking ???   6 weeks 6 days ago

Lists a couple websites and frequencies. I haven't had a chance to explore more.

• problem in web page   7 weeks 10 hours ago

Help!

• Setting up a SGATE on UI-VIEW   7 weeks 2 days ago

Yep, you and me both, hi hi,, and just to make it even more interesting,, other websites telling me that the guy who designed UI-VIEW got the set up instructions wrong,,!!!!! seeing as roger is no longer with us,, ( went silent key awhile back ) we can't ask him, so, as I and others want to know,, is there a book, or site ,we can go to,, now ,,before you all start telling me to read the manuals that came with most tnc's , the older one's don't even talk about aprs,,, yes, that's right, back in the good old days, aprs was not about, and it was enough fun getting a tiny2 and baycom, or winpack to work, but they did,,anyway , I digress, so somebody please help us, before we pull out all of our hair in frustration ,,hi hi,, ( I know I should have taken up Stamp Collecting, )

• Satgate server for http://www.ariss.net/   7 weeks 2 days ago

Thought you might like to know,, Where you have Server, amsterdam.aprs2.net, this is a dead link,,, if you put in front of it, www.amsterdam.aprs2.net, it downloads the new list of servers, thanks for the heads up,

• Satgate server for http://www.ariss.net/   7 weeks 2 days ago

Right, seeing as some people don't want to tell us how to use APRS, I have found a website, www.soundcardpacket.org. which is run by Ralph Milnes NM5RM, which explains how to use the AGWPE Packet Engine, A Virtual Tnc , and by following the page, was able to set up UISS , so that it decoded packet from the ISS and other places, the page also shows how to do the transmit side , with leads, etc, from the pc to the radio, now, unless I'm mistaken, hi hi,, it says on the page concerned that you cannot use UISS through the internet, So, it's back to the drawing board as regards to UI-View, surely ,Some of these Stations that get digipeated through ISS every hour, on the hour, take note, PD0RKC, G7UZN, and others, can at least take the time to explain how they set up the pathways, I mean, It's not to much to ask, Is it,,?????

• ISS Radio Report   8 weeks 1 day ago

The repeater has not been active for over 4 years.

Cheers Dave UZN