• Voice active postings?   10 years 12 weeks ago

Kenneth,

I have temporarly deleted the postings because the voice section is supposed to be about voice operations only.
    I will activate a new section asap for the repeater and will transfer all your deleted posts there. It should be ready in the next few hours.

73's

Alain

• The end of ISS packet??   10 years 12 weeks ago
    It's not True. If you follow the thread a little further, you will see that packet will be back. [url]http://www.amsat.org/amsat/archive/sarex/48hour/threads.html[/url] To summarize, this is a trial period for the repeater mode. Packet will most likely be back after the space walk later this week. Eventually, ARISS hopes to have mulitple modes running simultaneously. Enjoy the latest offering that ISS has to offer.
  • ISS Repeater: Success!   10 years 12 weeks ago

I have seen a couple of report about interference from illegeal operations around Japan and Italy. Any others to report? They have no clue that the space station is hearing them but maybe the local authorities could enlighten them.

Kenneth - N5VHO

• Cross Band repeater (437.80 up/145.80 dn)   10 years 12 weeks ago

Signals a bit choppy but worked KA9SCF during the 0543 UTC pass.

• Cross Band repeater (437.80 up/145.80 dn)   10 years 12 weeks ago

Very very strong signals on a less than 3 degrees pass.
    I was the only station on the bird.
    Signal was over 3 with no preamplifier. This is going to be great.

• ISS Ham Radio Now in Repeater Mode   10 years 12 weeks ago

This does not mean that packet will not be available on ISS. Packet will return after a trial period of the repeater mode. Eventually, it is hoped to have both operations available at the same time.

Kenneth - N5VHO

• Cross Band repeater (437.80 up/145.80 dn)   10 years 12 weeks ago

The packet operation will be returning after the testing and feedback of how well the repeater mode works. It is planned to eventually have mulitiple modes running from ISS at the same time.

The ARISS program is trying to make use of two very accommodating and amateur radio supportive crew members. They have used 430 and 145 MHz on Field day, made over 100 QSOs to date, verified many of the Kenwood D-700 capabilites and now the repeater mode. Everyone should be very thankful for Mike Fincke and Gennady Padalka's support of these efforts.

• Cross Band repeater (437.80 up/145.80 dn)   10 years 12 weeks ago

I heard this operatioal last night and early this morning. I didn't know the details of what was happening. I assumed it was crossband operation, knowing the equipment onboard. I found out this morning that I assumed correct. The audio was real nice and strong in Wisconsin. I feel sorry for the APRS and packet operators that may be missing out. I'm gald they decided to try this out. I feel after people start noticing, the use is going to be crazy. Very cool....

Jon KC9AXZ

• Cross Band repeater (437.80 up/145.80 dn)   10 years 12 weeks ago

I heard lots of intruders on the downlink.
    Italian voices. Probably Taxi drivers or vigilantes.

• ATV   10 years 12 weeks ago

Very interesting read.
    About ATV it looks like that there are plans to include a repeater up there.
    A repeater is nice... but seeing the crew would be great.

• Latest Kep Elements Off A bit.   10 years 12 weeks ago

Are you sure you dont have any time accuracy problem?

• ATV   10 years 12 weeks ago
    ATV has been mentioned as a possiblity but nothing has been planned for the near term. Next project on the books is to get the necessary equipment sent to the station to try SSTV. Look here [url]http://www.rac.ca/ariss/arissmin4.htm[/url] for info regarding future ARISS projects. If ATV were to be used, I presume it would be one way (down) with an audio only uplink? Seems to me that it would be very difficult to deal with multiple uplinks on ATV.
  • ATV   10 years 12 weeks ago

I was going to post a new topic but I was surprised to see an old post already about ATV.
    Woudlnt it be great to have a live ATV feed from ISS?
    Think abous seeing Mike while he is talking to you.
    Much much better!
    Is anybody in the ARISS thinking about that?

Alain

• We need to let Mike know!   10 years 14 weeks ago

Actually, they DON'T have internet aboard.
    They have access to email and some requested web files but these items are uploaded and downloaded according to communications schedules.

• We need to let Mike know!   10 years 14 weeks ago

Hello Alain,

Next time if I hear the ISS crew I will tell them about
    the ISSFANCLUB URL.
    We all know they have internet on board!
    Congrats with your contact today!

73's Cor PD0RKC

• School Contact   10 years 15 weeks ago

Reports are that the contact was a success with 13 of the questions answered. Hope many of you were able to copy the downlink direct.

• Is Mike using the PMS too?   10 years 15 weeks ago

Yep, that is a laptop. Too bad it is not ARISS's. The only one I know of that belonged to ARISS was in the FGB but it died due to a bad power supply.

• ISS during Day   10 years 16 weeks ago

One unique possibility for observing daytime passes is to look for passes that will transit across the sun from your location. All you need to do then is watch the sun at the right time with the solar filter of your choice (I've never seen it done in H-Alpha but I bet that make an impressive photograph). Such passes are of course rare and very brief, but well worth the patience and effort. A great example is a photograph of the station transiting the sun alongside Venus which was taken with a webcam http://atm.zaciatok.sk/atm/atm.nsf/0/F377100B74598F1BC1256EAE00285667?Op...

• Mobile contat with the ISS!   10 years 16 weeks ago

Hi Cor, give me a day or two and I will get you some pictures of my setup in my car that I used.

Robert
    W4RDA

• Mobile contat with the ISS!   10 years 16 weeks ago

I worked Mike @ 1705Z. He is doing a great job of operating & sounded very enthusiastic working other hams! 73 de Tim WY1U

• Mobile contat with the ISS!   10 years 16 weeks ago

Very good, Congratulation Robert.

Gerry VE6GP

• Mobile contat with the ISS!   10 years 16 weeks ago

Hello Robert,

Wonderfull that you work the Space Station
    from a car with whip (amazing hobby hi!).
    Can you sent some pictures from your
    mobile?
    It was also a nice day for me cause I made
    also a contact with Mike!

73's Cor PD0RKC

• Is Mike using the PMS too?   10 years 16 weeks ago

Hello Kenneth,

I do see a laptop!

73's Cor PD0RKC

• Is Mike using the PMS too?   10 years 16 weeks ago
    [quote:3db1f3d5d2="iz6byy"]Hello, now that Mike seems so excited about amateur radio I wonder if he uses to read and eventually reply to messages in the PMS. Alain[/quote:3db1f3d5d2] Alain, Currently, the crew does not have a computer to access the PMS on the Kenwood so any messages left for the crew are never read. Mike was able to change the beacon text using the front panel but that method doesn't have access to the PMS either. Heard over the downlink relay to our local repeater that he talked to 36 stations on 5 continents today. Congrats to all.
  • Is Mike using the PMS too?   10 years 16 weeks ago

Hello Alain,

Yes I did it again (also you did!).
    Well it wasn't a bad wake up call Alain (hi!).
    Great day Padelka en Mike :lol: :lol:

73's Cor PD0RKC
    I made some voice recordings from my
    contact: http://www.qsl.net/pd0rkc