• FRIEND FROM NETHERLAND'S TALK WITH WILLIAM   10 years 26 weeks ago

:D Congratulations Cor,

Is fantastic when we listen NA1SS answering our call... right :?: :wink:

more one time Congratulations!!

• listening (only)   10 years 26 weeks ago

I believe a #10 envelope will do. I usually fold it in thirds and send it in another #10.

As long as us use an envelope that will hold a 3 1/2 X 4 1/2 inch (9 X 14 mm) card, then that should do just fine.

• listening (only)   10 years 26 weeks ago

Hello Marco,

Look at my website for ISS QSL info!
    Click on the ISS button.

73's Cor PD0RKC

• FRIEND FROM NETHERLAND'S TALK WITH WILLIAM   10 years 26 weeks ago

Tnx Mauricio!
    I hope I can catch Valery Tokarev next time too.

Cor PD0RKC
    ISS info: http://pd0rkc.ontwikkel.nl

• listening (only)   10 years 26 weeks ago

Tnx Kenneth for yr reply!
    Is the SASE (Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope, isnt'it?) strictly necessary? Do you know the size?
    Tnx again
    Marco

• listening (only)   10 years 26 weeks ago

SWL cards are available for monitoring the ISS. Just send the date, time and other info to the QSL bureau just like a request for a QSL card.

• Have you talked to the ISS? (POLL)   10 years 26 weeks ago

Hello All,

3 voice contacts with Mike Fincke.
    2 voice contact with Bill Mc Athur.
    1 voice contact with Valery Tokarev.

73s Cor PD0RKC

• Have you talked to the ISS? (POLL)   10 years 26 weeks ago

I would expect the "1" category to go up after all the voice reports this weekend (Nov 25-27). Congrats to all that have been fortunate enough to work Bill McArthur.

• My first ISS observation over Madrid (Spain) today.   10 years 27 weeks ago
    This link might be of help: [url]http://www.spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/index.html[/url]
  • AE7MC makes Voice contact with ISS   10 years 27 weeks ago

Hello Mattie,

Congrats with your contact with the Space Station!
    I whis you good luck with the next ISS contact, I hope
    you have an audio recording of your contact or maybe
    other stations have recorded Bill during the ISS pass.

Here is a msg for all ISS enthusiasts:
    We have a group which are very active with ISS.
    In the MSN group we have amateurs from:
    Brasil, China, Thailand, USA, Italy, Kuwait.....
    When ISS comes in voice we warn each other.
    Also when you have any questions about ISS (hardware or software) I am sure we can help!
    If you like to join add my adres to MSN messenger chat!
    My contact adres: kenwoodtrx@NOSPAMhotmail.com
    Remove the NOSPAM word out of the e-mail adress.

73s Cor PD0RKC
    Many ISS info on: http://pd0rkc.ontwikkel.nl

• AE7MC makes Voice contact with ISS   10 years 27 weeks ago

Hello Mattie,

Congrats with your contact with the Space Station!
    I whis you good luck with the next ISS contact, I hope
    you have an audio recording of your contact or maybe
    other stations have recorded Bill during the ISS pass.

Here is a msg for all ISS enthusiasts:
    We have a group which are very active with ISS.
    In the MSN group we have amateurs from:
    Brasil, China, Thailand, USA, Italy, Kuwait.....
    When ISS comes in voice we warn each other.
    If you like to join add my adres to MSN messenger chat!
    My contact adres: kenwoodtrx@NOSPAMhotmail.com
    Remove the NOSPAM word out of the e-mail adress.

73's Cor PD0RKC
    Many ISS info on: http://pd0rkc.ontwikkel.nl

• AE7MC makes Voice contact with ISS   10 years 27 weeks ago

Hello Mattie,

Congrats with your contact with the Space Station!
    I whis you good luck with the next ISS contact, I hope
    you have an audio recording of your contact or maybe
    other stations have recorded Bill during the ISS pass.

Here is a msg for all ISS enthusiasts:
    We have a group which are very active with ISS.
    In the MSN group we have amateurs from:
    Brasil, China, Thailand, USA, Italy, Kuwait.....
    When ISS comes in voice we warn each other.
    If you like to join add my adres to MSN messenger chat!
    My contact adres: kenwoodtrx@NOSPAMhotmail.com
    Remove the NOSPAM word out of the e-mail adress.

73's Cor PD0RKC
    Many ISS info on: http://pd0rkc.ontwikkel.nl

• My first ISS observation over Madrid (Spain) today.   10 years 27 weeks ago

After 1 or 2 hours sunset when the ISS
    comes in your range.

Cor PD0RKC

• SSTV schedule?   10 years 27 weeks ago

The SSTV system is currently awaiting a dedicated computer. The next supply ship to the ISS is scheduled for late December. This item has been bumped from the cargo manifest several times and replaced with more critical items so at this point is wait and see.

• AE7MC makes Voice contact with ISS   10 years 27 weeks ago

Congrats Mattie! Hope you make many more ISS contacts. Try some of the other sats too, they are also fun.

John - KG6POM
    Sacramento, California U.S.A.

• AE7MC makes Voice contact with ISS   10 years 27 weeks ago

Congratulations Mattie! Hope some of the operating tips helped.

Kenneth - N5VHO

• My first ISS observation over Madrid (Spain) today.   10 years 27 weeks ago

how can you see it with the naked eye? i would really like to see it that would be awsome. oh and what would you say is the best telescope to buy for star gazing, but not to expensive?

thanks

• Two pass heared today on SW France   10 years 27 weeks ago

Salut Clément!

Tu utilise quoi comme logiciel pour décoder le packet ?

Moi, j'utilise Multimon (linux), tu connais?

Mais, je n'ai pas encore eu le plaisir de décoder des tx packet d'ISS, j'ai juste entendu le son hier rapidement.. Mais je serais à l'écoute aujourd'hui, c'est clair! :D

• Have you talked to the ISS? (POLL)   10 years 27 weeks ago

at this time only one time with Bill McArthur - expedition 12... I'm keep trying for more :wink:

current position is: 3 voice contacts with Bill McArthur... I'm trying contact with Tokarev 8)

• THD-7ag Help   10 years 27 weeks ago

Thank You All for your help! N5VHO Kenneth, Cor PD0RKC I was able to get into the ISS early this evening on the 16:45 EST Pass, This is what it's all about thank you for taking the time to help me with my questions.

Best Regards

Steve
    KE4NAK

• THD-7ag Help   10 years 27 weeks ago

The TX on A, RX on B (or vice versa) is useful if you are working crossband like PCSAT2. Up on 145.825, down on 430 something (I forget at the moment).

Since ISS is up/down in the same band, you don't want to split the TX/RX but you do need to have an odd offset.

If you want to do just 440 packet, select Side B.

You have to work real hard to get the D-7 to show 2 meters on the top (side A) and the bottom (side B). It is just simplier to keep 2 meters on top and 70 cm on bottom.

Hope that helps clear up a few things.

• THD-7ag Help   10 years 27 weeks ago

Great ok back to the drawing board and my manual I guess I am a little confused when I did the memory etc. This may seem strange a question but if I had it set up that way, why will it not work.? It gave me an option for setting the TX and RX bands, Obviously I must be missing something obvious here.:)

I think I have changed so many settings. Anyway I am going back into it and will set all for band A

Steve
    KE4NAK

• THD-7ag Help   10 years 27 weeks ago

Bingo.
    You need TX and RX set to A.
    I usally press DUAL so that only side A (2 meters) is on. That should help.

• THD-7ag Help   10 years 27 weeks ago

OK RX is 145.800 (R)
    TX is 145.990 (T)

A RX B TX

• THD-7ag Help   10 years 27 weeks ago

Let us start from square 1. What frequency does the radio indicate that it is transmitting on when you press BCON? Make sure to look a the display when it is tranmitting.