• THD-7ag Help   10 years 23 weeks ago

I often get into ISS using just a whip on my D7. Trick is in the timing. Your setup is more than enough to get in.

I'd suggest that you try and see if everything works on 144.39. ISS is not much different than the local APRS digi's that use WIDE and RELAY. That way, you can test when you want and for more than 10 minutes. You can trouble shoot there and once you have it working, switch to the odd offset frequency (145.99 up/ 145.80 down) for ISS.

• Have you talked to the ISS? (POLL)   10 years 24 weeks ago

I've talked to Valery Korzun on Expedition 5, 3 times an today, Nov. 19th talked to Bill McArthur for first time on Expedition 12. a long time between crews but any chance to talk to a crew member is an honor 73 all de KB1GVR. Mark in Maine.

• SuitSat Activation in 3 weeks?   10 years 24 weeks ago

Looks like 8 weeks now that the EVA has been delayed.
    Kenneth - N5VHO

• SuitSat (RadioSkaf) info   10 years 24 weeks ago

Looks like the Russians have decided to delay their next EVA until 2006. The target time frame is now expected to be late Jan or early Feb.

More updates as they become available.

• ISSFC tracking ?   10 years 24 weeks ago

For a few days, the track image was about 1/4 an orbit off. It seems to have caught up late yesterday. I have noticed that once the info changes to "ISS over you now" that it won't update after the pass without doing a manual page refresh.

Is the image suppose to refresh on its own every so often? Maybe we were seeing cached images.

It now appears that the time calculation is off. The image shows ISS in the correct area but I show the next pass to occur in 1 hour and 17 minutes with NOVA and IFC show 53 minutes.

• ISSFC tracking ?   10 years 24 weeks ago

looks good to me... can you explain better please?

• ARISS Event -- 17 Nov. at 1034 UTC, Takatsuzki, Japan   10 years 24 weeks ago

Low resolution video file is available on following URL.

Satoshi Yasuda 7m3tjz/ad6gz

• Have you talked to the ISS? (POLL)   10 years 24 weeks ago

I worked Sergei Krikalev (U5MIR) on the night of his birthday. The ISS QSL card was my first QSL card ever to recieve. I am so happy that Sergei answered my call.

9K2MD de Maryam
    Kuwait

• ISSFC tracking ?   10 years 24 weeks ago

Yep, it is out of sync. Maybe the program missed a Keps update?

• Have you talked to the ISS? (POLL)   10 years 24 weeks ago
    [color=blue:f7fd85842a]I' am TALK WITH Sergei Krikalev Expedition 11 ----------------------------------------------- NATTAPOL HS2WAQ BANGKOK,THAILAND[/color:f7fd85842a] :P
  • ISS QSL CARD   10 years 24 weeks ago

Got my card today from RS0ISS/NA1SS. I think it only took about 2 weeks :lol:

73, Ron - N7SIJ

• Kenwood TH-D7a (g) HT Operations with ISS Help Thank You   10 years 24 weeks ago

Those settings look fine.

Here are my settings. MSG GROUP all, qst, cq, kwd,* PACKET PATH RELAY,WIDE,ARISS UNPROTOCAL APK002 PACKET SPEED 1200 Does this look ok.? Thanks steve [quote:10af89dc2b="N5VHO"]Stephen, Check the following: APRS 2-M Data Band (Set to) A APRS 2-N Packet Speed(Set to) 1200bps APRS 2-B Packet Pat (Set to) Relay, Wide If you have all the other basics set (My Callsign, Status text, Position,...) You should be good to go. If you have APRS 2-B:Data TX set to Manual, you will need to press the BCON (6) keypad button to transmit your info. If you have any specific questions, let me know.[/quote:10af89dc2b]

Stephen,
    Check the following:
    APRS 2-M
    Data Band (Set to) A

APRS 2-N
    Packet Speed(Set to) 1200bps

APRS 2-B
    Packet Pat (Set to) Relay, Wide

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

• Have you talked to the ISS? (POLL)   10 years 24 weeks ago

:lol: I HAVE A MP3 AUDIO

LEROY AND SALEJAN
    SERGEY KRIKALEV
    WILLIAM MACARTHUR

:arrow: PY4MAB@AMSAT.ORG

• How do I get started   10 years 25 weeks ago

Mary,
    I guess what you do now depends on what it is you want to do.

Do you want to listen to the ISS as it flies over? Do you want to know when you can see the ISS? Do you want to try and talk to the crew?

Let us know what your interests are and we can provide you with specifics to help you.

• How do I get started   10 years 25 weeks ago

Thanks

I do track the ISS through this website - but thanks for the additional information

Mary

• How do I get started   10 years 25 weeks ago

Hello Mary,

First you have to know where the ISS is.
    You need a trackings software program.
    Good sat tracker is Satscape freeware.
    But there is also a online satellite tracker
    in the ISSFANCLUB (easy to use).
    With this program you see a map from earth
    with the ISS traveling on it.
    So you can predict when the ISS comes
    in your range.
    Well there are many types transceivers you
    can use to monitor the ISS frequency on 145.800Mhz.
    Brands of hamradio equipment: Icom, Kenwood,
    yaesu etc..
    For a antenna you can start with a simple
    vertical 2m. GP antenna, but better is
    a yagi antenna with rotator.

Feel free to join my ISS MSN messenger chat-
    group!
    My add is: isszarya @ hotmail.com

73's Cor PD0RKC
    ISS info: http://pd0rkc.ontwikkel.nl/index.html

• ISS QSL CARD   10 years 25 weeks ago

If you made a contact with ISS on Aug 27, you can still request a qsl card. Just send your info to the appropriate bureau. In your case, that would be ARRL. See the directions on the ISS Fan Club site for "QSL Cards" in the Amateur Radio box in the upper right corner.

• Have you talked to the ISS? (POLL)   10 years 25 weeks ago

So far I only managed to work Valery Korzun - 2times. He was quite active. Thanks Valery!

• Have you talked to the ISS? (POLL)   10 years 25 weeks ago

11 Votes in the poll, And only 4 posters have talked to crew members ?

• SuitSat Readies for Operation on 145.990 mhz   10 years 25 weeks ago

Take notice of the downlink frequency. That is the worldwide packet uplink for ISS. The packet system will be OFF during the time that SuitSat is operational. Please be considerate and turn off your automatic beacons and packet transmissions during this time frame to aviod causing interference to the very low power output (1/2 Watt) of SuitSat. The suit will transmit until the batteries run down but as of this time, no time estimate has been given.

Kenneth - N5VHO

• ISS Fanclub member #897 launches Kids Ham website   10 years 25 weeks ago

Quite Impressive!!!Nice work and a hardy congradulations!!Sound to be quite a interesting life ahead of you.Good luck.

kc0eyt-brian
    springfield,mo

• Unregisterd Users - posting   10 years 25 weeks ago

Alain also thanks for working on the
    problem good luck!