• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   11 weeks 2 days ago

Was monitoring during the 1602-1606 UTC pass. Heard only carrier - no modulation. The next two passes are much higher in elevation - 54 and 13 degrees. Hope to see some SSTV pictures.

Shlomo, 4X4LF
    Location: KM71ej

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   11 weeks 2 days ago

Hello radio friends,

I have seen several reports that the ISS Kenwood TM-D710 transceiver is transmitting carriers with no SSTV audio tones.
    I have sended an e-mail to Sergey RV3DR and informed him about this problem.
    I hope he will read my e-mail on time and give the Russian ISS crew instructions to solve this problem.

73s Cor PD0RKC

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   11 weeks 2 days ago

Two passes, one at 58 degrees, and the other at 15 degrees over thehorizon, Both with carriers present, but no sstv signal.
    I hope will be more lucky at 20:18 UTC pass.

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   11 weeks 2 days ago

hope passage 19.13UTC and 20.47UTC the modulation cable is good and I can- receive SSTV images DG0OJG Germany

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   11 weeks 2 days ago

Here in VU land received carrier with 59++ report but no modulation @ Jan 31 ,12:49 UTC. Carrier lost after 3 min duration but no sign of SSTV signal. Waiting for next pass @ 14:24 UTC ... 73's from VU3ZAG

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   11 weeks 2 days ago

Listened in on the pass of Jan 31, 2015, 1127UTC over Taiwan and had a very strong carrier with doppler shift. Unfortunately now SSTV signals. The carrier went away for a minute, but came back empty again. Faded out at the scheduled time. Unfortunately this was the only pass with some potential for good signals, so I am very unlucky this time. 73 de BX2ABT

• ISS Radio Report   11 weeks 5 days ago

active over Panamá

• Flash of Light   11 weeks 5 days ago

My guess would be that you saw a flare off one of the smaller solar panels.

• ISS transmitting SSTV images.   11 weeks 6 days ago

There is always a time for changes that is why they never stop exploring. - Nova Publishers

• ISS QSL Info   12 weeks 2 days ago

Hello Stefano,

SASE + your QSL card + 2 euro.
    Yes the 2 euro is to cover the costs for the ARISS manager to
    send you the ISS QSL.
    F1MOJ is the ARISS manager for Europe also for Italia!
    The new ISS QSL card desing is verry beautiful.
    Maybe the most special QSL in your QSL collection! (hi).

73's Cor PD0RKC

• ISS QSL Info   12 weeks 4 days ago
    QSL

Thank you Cor for yr reply.
    If I well understood, I have to send the SASE without any stamp
    and a 2€ coin to cover the cost of the french stamp that Mr. Candebat
    will use to send the Qsl to Italy, right?

I know it's a childlike question, but I have no experience.. :)

Stefano
    IZ2WTZ

• ISS QSL Info   12 weeks 4 days ago

Hello Stefano,

See above or look at issfanclub menu QSL.
    It is the same address as on QRZ.com.
    Dont forget to include a 2 euro coin.

73s Cor PD0RKC

• Callsign   12 weeks 4 days ago

00:00:00:25 : YB6DE-2]APOT30,RS0ISS*,SGATE,WIDE2-1,qAR,9W2CEH-3:!0421.93N/09804.53E# APRS Digi Langsa on T3-135

• ISS QSL Info   12 weeks 5 days ago

Could you pls send me too the correct address where to send the SASE for asking the QSL?

Stefano
    IZ2WTZ
    ssddpp01@gmail.com

• fm voice   13 weeks 15 hours ago

I heard SO50 on my hand held today when it was at its highest 45 degrees. I could hear someone but too much static to make him out. But its a start.

Ed

• My Packet Set Up...YouTube   13 weeks 1 day ago

Hello Hubert,

Normaly I use my old shack pc but now I have tried soundmodem with UISS on my laptop and noticed the same
    problem that UISS could not find AGW while soundmodem was already running first.
    Yes UISS can run without AGW.

This what you should do:
    Start UISS go to Setup--->UISS---->LAN
    Select Enable LAN mode.

Now close UISS and start soundmodem first and than UISS.
    Now it should run without any message missing AGW.
    Let me now if this works.

Cor PD0RKC

• fm voice   13 weeks 1 day ago

Its been a long time that I have worked over the amateur radio satellites.
    A lot FM birds died in the past also the popular AO51.
    You might try the SO50 that is an FM bird.
    67hz tone needed on your TX uplink signal.

73s Cor PD0RKC

• My Packet Set Up...YouTube   13 weeks 1 day ago

God afternoon Cor,

Thank you for your instructions above on setting up soundmodem correctly.

I have that up and running well (it seems) not decoding ISS yet, as no passes are available at this time, but correctly decoding surrounding ham operators' packet and APRS messages (mainly).
    My problem is that if I want to run UISS it keeps on popping me the following message '' RUNNING WITHOUT AGW PACKET ENGINE DETECTED!'' UISS is supposed to run with soundmodem but I can't seem to find the proper setting to do so in either one of the two software ... I start Soundmodem first as I have seen a suggestion somewhere, but no results.
    I you have a moment, would you be kind enough to supply me with some hints on where to go and what to do to finally have UISS to work with soundmodem.

Thanking you in advance for your much appreciated help on this.

Cordially,

Hubert VE2LMH (ve2lmh@yahoo.ca)

• Callsign   13 weeks 1 day ago

I have accidentally erased a post, my sincere apologies to the poster.

Callsigns used on the ISS:
    NA1SS (US)
    RS0ISS (Russia)
    DP0ISS (Germany)
    OR4ISS (Belgium)
    PI9ISS (Used during André Kuipers' stay aboard the ISS, obsolete for now)
    IR0ISS (Italy)

• fm voice   13 weeks 1 day ago

PD0RKC Thank you for the sites. on dk3wn.info site which satellites function as fm repeaters ? I'm having a hard time deciphering the codes. no cw please , just fm voice.

• fm voice   13 weeks 1 day ago

Hello Ed,

Information about active amateur radio satellites can be found on:

Many satellites have low power so I think the egg beaters will give a dissapointment result.
    I would "recommand" you to use yagis!
    Maybe you also can find small dualband yagis on one boom (like the arrows antenna).
    To save money you can choose for "only" a cheap azimuth rotator and put the
    yagis with 35 degrees fixed elevation on a horizontal pipe.

73s Cor PD0RKC

• ISS Radio Report   13 weeks 2 days ago

test

• fm voice   13 weeks 2 days ago

Thanks for all the kind comments. I am planning on building a uhf eggbeater to go with the 2 meter one so I can work the repeater also if it is used later. In the mean time I need to find a list of working voice birds to try and work.

Ed K4ECE

• fm voice   13 weeks 4 days ago

tnx cor
    73 kb1iai

• My Packet Set Up...YouTube   13 weeks 4 days ago

No AGW becomes redundant when running UZ7HO modem with UISS.

Marc, PD4U