• kam xl   21 weeks 2 days ago

For a very quick test and to get you name on the ariss.net site.

connect the kam to a pc / terminal programme putty or minicom etc.

Just use the following commands for initail set up:

AUTOCR OFF
    BEACON OFF
    LFADD OFF
    MAXFRAME 4
    MCON ON
    MCOM ON
    MONITOR ON
    PACLEN (Round Table and PMS = 72, APRS = 0)
    RETRY 6-8
    TIME STAMP (Round Table and PMS = ON, APRS = OFF)
    UNPROTO CQ VIA RS0ISS, FRANK, FM19SX (change name and locator)

now you need to go into converse mode, just type: conv

each line you type and hit return will now cause the radio to key and transmit.

to send a basic message just type it and press return.

to send an APRS location, get you house on the map try something like this, changing your lat and long to suit.

:=5125.56N/00029.53W-James UK Hello ISS Team!

You can also try and send yourself an e-mail by typing

email: :name@domain.com this is my mail message

From experience I dont always hear the ISS, but using the prediction software in ham radio deluxe (HRD) I send up a few messages during the passover and usually get logged once or twice.

Hope that helps.

Cheers for now

James 2e1avx / kg7efv

• Black Knight Satellite ... ???   21 weeks 4 days ago

I have been fascinated with the Black Knight Satellite, and was wondering if anyone knew any of the frequencies it was on, even a band? Thanks!

Jim, W4NFT

• From ISS 16.07.2010. The moon on foto, i guess.   21 weeks 5 days ago

this picture of the moon is very nice.. i think this is the last quarter of the moon's phase if i am not mistaken..
    check this out pls.. Real Social Media Services

• fm voice   21 weeks 6 days ago

Hello Rudy,

I have looked on your website but I could not find the audio file.
    Where is it?

73s Cor PD0RKC

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   21 weeks 6 days ago

Hello Shlomo,

I had a packet connect with you via RS0ISS-3 digipeater at 12 januari 2004.

Yes it was Yelena Serova voice active between the SSTV pictures.
    She operated via the Russian ISS callsign RS0ISS and she worked several Russian stations.
    I have made an audio recording:
    I hope the link works.

I think Yelena enjoyed making radio contacts with other amateur radio stations.
    I hope to hear her again in the future.

73s Cor PD0RKC

• 9 different Yuri Gagarin photos in the ARISS SSTV   21 weeks 6 days ago

Hello Mahesh,

Right now we have all 12 Yuri Gagarin ISS SSTV pictures complete in Gallery.

For the people who sended their received ISS SSTV image to the Gallery and
    can not find it back, klik on the archief HERE button near the text You may visit the archive page.

I thank everyone for the ISS SSTV pictures!

73s Cor PD0RKC

• fm voice   21 weeks 6 days ago

I heard the same voice here in Alabama on two passes.

• 9 different Yuri Gagarin photos in the ARISS SSTV   21 weeks 6 days ago

Hi,

Image decoded yesterday over India (1-Feb-2015, 13:35 UTC), at the bottom of image there is a number "5/12". I hope this is the one you are looking for. I have posted my image today in the gallery.

regards
    Mahesh VU2IIA
    INDIA

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   21 weeks 6 days ago

Shalom Cor,

I haven't had a QSO with the ISS since 2006; I've been active on HF since then. I just came back to see if I could receive their SSTV transmissions. Last night I finally got a good picture!

I want to get set up for Packet again, and I'll also try for a voice QSO. I don't know if they are making random QSO's lately. Last night I heard a female voice after the end of the SSTV transmission. I assume that it was Elena.

Nice to hear from you again after all these years.

Shlomo, 4X4LF

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   21 weeks 6 days ago

obviously the Russian girl. Start calling when ISS was over Russia and between SSTV transmition.

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   21 weeks 6 days ago

hi Cor PD0RKC

but who is the female voice ? the russian cosmonaut abord ?

have the mircophone always attach at the kewnood rtx ?

73 IW2BSF

• Callsign   21 weeks 6 days ago
    re

ia an italian job now ...hi !

the callsign is IR0ISS

best 73 IW2BSF

• fm voice   21 weeks 6 days ago
    re

Hi ISSFans !

Yesterday 1 february 2015 during the europe passing a very BIG MISTERY !!!

Like in the 1960 years the case of the CORDIGLIA ham radio brothers …. Hi !

In the first pass at 20.55 local time a woman voice sound like a english speak ….

In the second pass at 22:32 local time this woman voice call for two times : “ Samantha”

Here the 2 records add to me in one file mp3 record .

This the complete sequence in time lap seconds:

00:08 at the end the voice say: “united states…(omissis) ….. for you”
    00:28 the first: samantha
    00:58 the second: samatha
    01:11 the voice say : “…..ok europe”

I think is the russian cosmonaut woman abord ISS, but the very big mistery is , why speak in english is is in the russian module for SSTV experiment ? and, why call for two times the name of Samantha (cristoforetti) ?

Best 73 de IW2BSF Rudy

• RS0ISS SSTV rx by EI3HDB 21:36 01/02/2015   22 weeks 7 hours ago

RX- Yaesu FT 1802m home made vertical antenna

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   22 weeks 13 hours ago

Finally got a nice picture!

Uploaded to http://www.spaceflightsoftware.com/ARISS_SSTV/index.php.

Shlomo, 4X4LF
    KM71ej

• ISS Radio Report   22 weeks 23 hours ago

Rx'd 4.5 pictures so far mostly top quality. Signal VERY loud I can hear voices under the picture signal. The half of picture was as the ISS dropped over my horizon. Congratulations to all concerned it's brightened up my weekend no end

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   22 weeks 1 day ago

I just received this a few minutes ago near Detroit, MI, USA:

It appears the guys have solved the modulation issue. Next pass looks to be much better - hopefully it will result in a better quality image (or 2).

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   22 weeks 1 day ago

After a long wait and tree overpases without audio, finally i got a picture!!
    Very strong signal, a Handheld with a 5/8 magnetig over the car roof and an audio recorder to later process on the QTH with MMSSTV.
    Quality as expected with this basic arragement.

Pictures captured can be seen on http://www.spaceflightsoftware.com/ARISS_SSTV/index.php

Good Luck for all and 73s
    Claudio
    CX8FS

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   22 weeks 1 day ago

I have the very luck of catch one pic at the beggining of the pass and another one at the end of the same pass, the quality was not the best, but i could catch two in onw!!!
    Antenna Ringo Ranger, receiver Icon IC-207 simply station.

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   22 weeks 1 day ago

Hello All,

It seems the Russian crew have solved the audio problem.
    Amateur radio operators have received ISS SSTV photos.
    Some are visible on:

Good luck to everyone,
    Cor PD0RKC

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   22 weeks 1 day ago

Hello Shlomo,

Nice to see you are still active with ISS amateur radio activities.
    Long time agoo we had a packet connect via ISS and exchanced QSL cards.
    Probably the Russian ISS crew was (in voice) talking with the Russian ARISS manager Sergey Samburov (RV3DR).
    This is good news because I asume Sergey will give instructions to the Russian crew to solve the carier problem.
    This problem also happend in the past and ISS crew often managed to get the SSTV audio working in later passes.

73s Cor PD0RKC

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   22 weeks 1 day ago

Yes got my first picture, very little noise great ! In Christchurch
    New Zealand

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   22 weeks 1 day ago

Looks like the problem was solved. I've heard SSTV on websdr server located in Krasnoyarsk. Can't wait to listen when ISS pass my loc in one hour!

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   22 weeks 1 day ago

Another good pass from 1912 - 1921 UTC. Carrier only, peaking S9+20 db. At the end of the pass I heard someone speaking in Russian - R5 signal!. I don't know Russian so I have no idea what he was saying and whom he was speaking with. I did hear the name "Sergei" several times.

I hope that the SSTV will be OK tomorrow.

Shlomo, 4X4LF
    KM71ej

• Russian SSTV Images from the ISS   22 weeks 1 day ago

During Europe pass 19:14 UTC strong carrier 9+10db , no SSTV. Problems with audio in?