• need info   22 weeks 1 day ago

Hello George,

C RS0ISS-1 (connect the ISS bbs).
    L < enter key >
    Now you will see a list of subtitles with a message number.
    If you want to read a message.
    R 145 < enter key >

If you try this first later I can tell you how to post a message in the iss bbs.

73s Cor PD0RKC

• Xastir as a Satgate?   22 weeks 1 day ago

Hi, everything is outdated. Few apps have been maintained. The UISS and the soundmodem do work. The AGW packet app works but needs set up correctly. I use both as I have a TNC also.

There seems to be a packet repeater working where the ISS only repeats what it hears. The ISS sends out its name in APRS MESSAGE. BUT I never seen it leave a position on any of my igate/APRS MAPS. YOU CAN SEE IT ON ariss.net map along with the stations it hears. I am new at this and don't know if I am correct or not but this is from my observations.
    - gtech001us

• need info   22 weeks 1 day ago

I am KK6NWJ

• need info   22 weeks 4 days ago

Hello gtech,

Do you have a callsign?

Cor PD0RKC

• need info   22 weeks 5 days ago

Hi and with that settled I was able to message them and got on the map. thank you very much it made my day!

I am ready for my next task, what is on the BBS.
    Is it possible to log into the ISS packet server BBS (hope i said that correctly) and down-load messages?

later 73
    gtech

• ISS Radio Report   22 weeks 5 days ago

hello from Oxford Ohio

• US Spacewalk Frequencies   24 weeks 3 hours ago

414.200 MHz Space-to-Space EMU Radio [primary] digital Phase-Modulation
    417.100 MHz Space-to-Space EMU Radio [secondary] digital Phase-Modulation

• need info   24 weeks 20 hours ago

Hi Gtech001us

Aprs is also packet, only active on 145.825Mhz.
    145.800Mhz is only used for voice communications and SSTV.

73s Cor PD0RKC

• need info   24 weeks 1 day ago

hi, isn't the packet freq 145.800? and the APRS is 145.825?

• need info   24 weeks 1 day ago

Hello vu3jnm,

Current ISS crew is not much voice active.
    Reid Wiseman made some contacts on USA region a while agoo.
    Alexander Gerst made only a few sceduled contacts with German hams he knows.
    ISS packet is often 24 hours per day active on 145.825Mhz simplex.
    There is some good soundcard packet software which you can use to communicate via ISS packet system.

73s Cor PD0RKC

• ISS QSL Info   24 weeks 5 days ago

To been be able to to use the machines back in the day would have been pretty cool. Especially since that would have been the only way of communicating not like now.

• aprsdroid on HT 5w (vox activated)   24 weeks 6 days ago

You're welcome Lee ! I will follow your call via ARISS. 73 ! de YO3FVR, Catalin

• aprsdroid on HT 5w (vox activated)   25 weeks 2 hours ago

Hello Catalin!

Thank you very for the reply. I will be working on my aerial antenna this time. All things are noted now. hihi. Thanks again.

Mabuhay from the Philippines. 73!

• aprsdroid on HT 5w (vox activated)   25 weeks 3 days ago

Hi Lee !

The mentioned configuration is correct and should work while you use a better antenna then the stock one provided with the HT.

Personally, I used APRSdroid with a MAAS AHT-2UV transceiver and MAAS HVT-400 whip antenna (about 1,4meters long) and I succeed many times to sent geographical position via ISS and even exchange messages with other hams. It is not easy and you have to be patient and persistent because the QRM is very high at each ISS pass.

The ISS pass parameters are also important: to have more chances with a simple whip omnidirectional antenna, you have to wait passes with at least 60 degrees maximum elevation.

Best 73 and GL ! de YO3FVR, Catalin

• Soundmodem packet software amazing good!!!!!   25 weeks 6 days ago

Stefan,

It is not intended as such. Not all comparisons made in performance, based on numbers, are a competition.

In the comparisons I have done between Direwolf and UZ7HO soundcardmodem @ 1200bd there is no significant difference in decoding on a busy APRS QRG (about 2-3%). But on a QRG with merely weak signals and larger frames (for instance forwarding on VHF and signal is around S1-S2) then UZ7HO soundcardmodem performs significantly better (about 10%). So I guess when ISS is at AOS or just before LOS, the UZ7HO soundcardmodem will probably decode a bit better i.e. earlier/longer than Direwolf.

And if there is a competition, then it is a competition between programmers (who also happen to be HAM radio amateurs). And hopefully all HAMs will pick the fruits of that competition. So I think there is nothing "wrong" in competition ;)

73 Stefan de Marc, PD4U

• Soundmodem packet software amazing good!!!!!   25 weeks 6 days ago

Hi Marc,

This NOT a competition. Both programs work well and have their own merits. No need to defend one or the other. Folks use what they like :-)

73, Stefan, VE4NSA

• ISS Radio Report   26 weeks 3 days ago

In the last part of te QSO that I picked up the kosmonaut was talking about the food it is in dry form and needs to be soaked before eating. Also he talked about the canned food.

Marc, PD4U

• Soundmodem packet software amazing good!!!!!   26 weeks 3 days ago

The UZ7HO soundmodem does work under linux/WINE.

It works with the AGW/KISS interface ánd in hostmode.
    When operated in hostmode it offers extra functionality:
    i.e. packet collection and dynamic maxframe.

Marc, PD4U

• ISS Radio Report   26 weeks 3 days ago
    I received a carrier, but no audio for SSTV here in Perth Western Australia.
  • Soundmodem packet software amazing good!!!!!   26 weeks 3 days ago

UZ7HO soundmodem don't work on linux and direwolf do work on linux & windows.

The soundmodem of Thomas Sailer works but it's outdated, direwolf is a good replacement and it has the KISS/AGW interface.

Shame it (direwolf) can't be integrated to linux TCP/IP stack... if you made it to work please contact me (email is on www.QRZ.com)

• SSTV august 27, 2014 ?   26 weeks 4 days ago

Big signal but nothing, pbs with cable again ? or the pbs is other.

73.

• Soundmodem packet software amazing good!!!!!   26 weeks 4 days ago

Stefan,

There is a 9600bd version of the UZ7HO soundcard-modem too:

And the comparisson given in Direwolf's users guide (page 53 and further) is outdated, since there have been quite some improvements in UZ7HO's soundcard-modem in 2014.

And as Cor writes: you can use several software programs simultaniously with the same modem. I believe this is not possible in Direwolf when using KISS.
    Used in hostmode the UZ7HO soundcard-modem offers extra functionality: packet collection and dynamic maxframe (very useful when working ISS BBS).

Marc, PD4U

• SSTV august 27, 2014 ?   26 weeks 5 days ago

Europe should get a couple of good opportunities. The SSTV system is planned to operate PD180 with intervals between images being about 3 minutes.

• SSTV august 27, 2014 ?   26 weeks 5 days ago

Thanks for that I'll check out the passes and see if there are any within range of the UK at or around those times.

Cheers