• ISS Radio Report   26 weeks 20 hours ago

No activity on 145.825 or 143.625 over New England area
    Nothing heard 20:20utc to 20:40utc Aug 13,2015
    They must have it off line due to the space walk and also Tuesday night they had a power outage issue . Hopefully they will be back on the air soon.

• Is the packet down??   26 weeks 1 day ago

Hi

Hope this helps, if you are having problems with keps and Orbitron I use 2-line keps from http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasabare.txt just save the file to the Tle folder. In Tle Updater add a new group with the amsat address above. Make sure if you are using Windows Vista and above to change the security permissions on the Orbitron folder as the keps will not be updated although it indicates that it does when downloading. This works fine and shows the same position in ISS Tracker.

73 David G7HCE

• 14 august NEW iss contact with france in europe !   26 weeks 3 days ago

The event is currently scheduled for Mikhail Kornienko.

• 14 august NEW iss contact with france in europe !   26 weeks 3 days ago

please Gennadi Padalka

• Is the packet down??   26 weeks 4 days ago

Hi

Gennady Padalka & Mikhail Kornienko are currently outside the ISS as I type this post.

A scheduled Spacewalk, or EVA, activity is being performed onboard the ISS. Maintenance and operations outside the ISS are accomplished with EVA's. Spacewalk activities include crew members putting on the Extravehicular Mobility Unit (EMU) Spacesuit, depressurizing in the Quest Airlock, and going out into space to work on the outside of the ISS

Spacewalk Start Mon Aug 10 2015 ‎14‎:‎20‎:‎00
    End Mon Aug 10 2015 ‎20‎:‎50‎:‎00

Watch it live now. http://isslive.com/timeline/index.html
    Click USTREAM on video to watch full screen and ISS tracking.

Amateur radio is switched off for safety reasons.

73 david G7HCE

• Is the packet down??   26 weeks 4 days ago
    re

???? you shure ???

last day here there is activity ! see here :

• Saturday 9 august ARISS new contact !   26 weeks 5 days ago

Can anybody confirm and try to record downlink for the next (from 16.58UTC time) flyby?

• Downlink and uplink for voice contact are still working?   26 weeks 6 days ago

Hi!

What is your website?

Thanks a lot!

Thank you very much for your answer, I will keep trying to make contact. 73s from Costa Rica, EJ89BW on grid locator.

re

none by the 2 ham-radio aboard RN3DT and RN3BF we attend the NEW 2 ham-radio .....

see my article in PDf ( NEWS ISS JULY-AUGUST 2015 ) in my web site.

best 73 de Rudy - IW2BSF

• 18 april ATV TV test from ISS 2.295 Mhz !   26 weeks 6 days ago

The HAMTV transmitter is still transmitting blank screen as observed during today's pass.

Yes, those are correct. No tone or anything. You would have to be very lucky for them to come back to you if you just sat there a called, you will probally hear them before they hear you, and its quite rare now a days, but hopefully with the new ham on board, we might hear something.

• ISS Radio Report   27 weeks 23 hours ago

in this video a little sloppy but I could download a imajen of Nikola Tesla in last pass of the space station from Argentina Buenos Aires on Sunday 19 / 7/2015 greetings to all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1JBUjYcpuo

• Is the packet down??   27 weeks 2 days ago

Many thanks for the information! I also saw some contacts mentioned in the latest AMSAT newsletter - I guess I need to pay closer attention!
    Thanks Again!
    Robert AK3Q

• When is next SSTV event scheduled?   27 weeks 2 days ago

Agree but the equipment they use to do SSTV is in the Russian segment Zarya, right? So it makes sense that the Russians do it. They'd have to figure out and set something up in Columbus with the Ericcson radio for Americans. Or would they be able to use the Russian's setup? I recently asked on amsat-bb why they don't do school contacts on the more powerful Kenwood (25 watts) that they use for SSTV and they mentioned that it was in the Zarya module which is two football field lengths away from where the Americans normally live and work.

• Is the packet down??   27 weeks 3 days ago
  • Is the packet down??   27 weeks 3 days ago

The ARISS.org site has news and event schedules.

• Is the packet down??   27 weeks 4 days ago

Hi!
    I was wondering where you found the voice sched listings - I have either missed it on here or perhaps these are coming from another site?
    Many thanks for the help!
    Robert AK3Q EM79sc

• SATPC32ISS and UISS   27 weeks 4 days ago

First many thanks for trying to help me, I really appreciate.

Yes, when I was searching for another transceiver to add to the FT-847, I discovered the Icon IC-9100, and I thought "If I had the money, this transceiver seems to be the ultimate dream" but I discovered the DTS and RTS was missed too ! It seems none is able to reach the perfection even they have the power to do it...

Actually I'm the owner of a rare transceiver having full duplex satellite mode which is not able to correct the Doppler effect for ISS... Yes, I thought a firmware update should be nice to but in any case it will lot be include in the last free version of HAM RADIO DELUXE and the new paid version is 100 $ Dollars ! I think I can find a used transceiver doing the job for that price...

In any case if I find a solution I will make tutorial on a dedicated Web site...

Thanks for your help, David.

• SATPC32ISS and UISS   27 weeks 4 days ago

Like you say "nearly there" in previous post I'm sure that the authors of SATPC32 and Soundmodem can come up with a fix.
    New version of UISS now comes with Soundmodem in one package and selectable in the setup to automatically run so great to see these two authors working together.
    I hear your frustration and would have thought that a firmware fix to implement CAT command for VFO B could have fixed it.

It's a real shame that these great amateur radio companies don't seem to employ active satellite users when designing there radios as these basic bugs would be sorted during design and testing prior to sale. Each company appear to have their own bug Kenwood TS-2000 birdies and new Icom IC-9100 no support for RTS and DTR signals on USB virtual COM ports for PTT line.

Hope it gets sorted for you.

73 David G7HCE

• Is the packet down??   27 weeks 4 days ago

There has just been another high pass over my QTH with nothing heard. I see there were a couple of voice skeds scheduled. Including one for today maybe when they are done they will turn it back on.

• Is the packet down??   27 weeks 4 days ago

Last couple visible pass over my QTH in MN I heard nothing but local terrestrial stations. So it seems something is wrong. No resupplying, they must be short on munchies to keep them awake...lol 73, Rob Kc0weo

6m in pass in a couple of hours, I'll try again.

• SATPC32ISS and UISS   27 weeks 4 days ago

I've already read that document too... I have sent an e-mail to SATPC32 author with hope he works with soundmodem author in order that both software can interact each other... soundmodem have to tell SATPC32 to switch PTT on... and SATPC32 has to listen to soundmodem...

If they don't, I will have to buy another transceiver... just for a CAT problem... Shame on YAESU for this mistake in a so expensive transceiver when I bought it some years ago ! I'm really angry...

• Is the packet down??   27 weeks 4 days ago

if You use lastest TLE update from orbitron, iss will not be at the right position, becase there is something wrong. :(

• SATPC32ISS and UISS   27 weeks 4 days ago

Hi David

Looks like you've explored nearly all avenues on the radio front then.!!
    From the Amsat link in my previous post there was a paper on the Full Doppler on the FT-847 for ISS and other “same-band” satellites Using CAT commands from Don Woodward – KD4APP where he states the 10KHZ limitation can be overcome and not sure if you read the full story and not just the Amsat BBS post.
    New version of SatPC32ISS which supports also the FT-847 and tunes the radio to the exact uplink and downlink frequencies. It utilizes a solution of Don Woodward, KD4APP.

Maybe running virtual com ports with special script can be used to link Soundmodem tx command to SATPC32ISS tx button. Anyway best of luck and hope you find the answer.

73 David G7HCE