• Setting up Radio for doppler effect   1 year 5 weeks ago

I got a baofeng uv-5ra and how do I program I know it's 145.800 what's the ctss pl code offset and shift I'm know at trying to get should of the iss I'm a nasa buff

• ISS Radio Report   1 year 5 weeks ago

The amateur radios are required to be powered down for vehicles arriving, departing the Russian segment and for EVAs. We had a Soyuz arrive, an EVA and a Soyuz depart in short order. Amateur radio should return to service after the school contact on Wed due to the busy crew schedule post Soyuz undock.

• SSTV   1 year 5 weeks ago

The ISS Fan Club web page is not a NASA sponsored site. You will need to contact NASA PAO to make this request. Be sure to look at their video site that does provide various views from ISS depending on the time of day and activity. When the crew is sleeping then the view is usually of the Earth.

• UISS/SatGate Setup   1 year 5 weeks ago

Cor,
    Thanks for your time and the help. I am going to look at UIView and see if I can get that to work. I am also trying to learn more about APRS and IGates. I think I need to understand the basics before I try setting this up.

73's Len KF5ELB

• SSTV   1 year 5 weeks ago

I was wondering if we could see more about what y'all are working on inside the station besides a video monitor where the camera seems to be pointed now.

Please!

• UISS/SatGate Setup   1 year 6 weeks ago

Keep the orginal settings in the satgate module.
    Dont change the filter setting: p/ISS/W3ADO
    Validation number is importand.
    Igate connection crashed here a couple of times at 24 hour operation so
    I have used UVIEW software as igate.
    In UIVIEW you can select AGW driver.
    But in UIVIEW standard severs list is old you need to
    download a new server list.
    Here is a good example for igate settings:

73's Cor PD0RKC

• Setting up Radio for doppler effect   1 year 6 weeks ago

Verry good to use doppler correction.
    I am sure most amateurs don't correct doppler.
    With no doppler correction less packets from and to ISS
    decoded!!!!!

73's Cor PD0RKC

• Frequencies   1 year 6 weeks ago

Hello someone with no name,

ISS is most active with packet!
    145.825Mhz (FM/N).

73s Cor PD0RKC

• min power iss contact   1 year 6 weeks ago

You dont explain what contact you want.
    Packet?
    Voice?

I have heard in the past some amateurs have succesful their aprs beacons digipeated
    via ISS with using a Kenwood TH-D7 handheld radio.
    If you want to make a voice contact with ISS crew you must improve
    your station with a base/mobile radio with a GP groundplane
    base antenna.
    Better is to use a yagi antenne because if a ISS crewmember is often active a lot people are aware and trying.

73's Cor PD0RKC

• min power iss contact   1 year 6 weeks ago

Hi,
    Its very possible - but only if you dont get trampled upon by stronger stations.

I worked the Shuttle (think it was Columbia) back in the day using exactly this setup. And their window antenna was not as good as the ones on ISS today.

There are several satellites that many stations have used to repeat through using handhelds, so the signals do get up there very nicely.

From what I have seen there has not been much 'random' operations from the ISS in recent times - definately not over us here in Africa anyhow - for years.
    But maybe one day one of the crew will get lonely......Hi.

We do get to listen in on the undock activities when the soyuz returns - just over the horizon on that last orbit before reentry (Chatter is mostly in Russian)

Good luck.

this 03/11/13 08.44 utc

EAEDA NESNE E E EGE OE5KFM-7/RS0ISS*>TX1X00>UI,R,F0:
    '*-.. .[/>73 to all Matthias@kfrg.de=

laurent on2vhf

here for RX ISS station APRS in format .txt

• Setting up Radio for doppler effect   1 year 6 weeks ago

AJ9N put together a very nice document that details how one can enter specific ISS frequencies in multiple memory channels so all one has to do is dial through the channels as the Doppler changes.
    The file can be found at http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ariss/news/ISS_frequencies_and_Doppler_correc...

• BBS news ?   1 year 7 weeks ago

The BBS RS0ISS-11 is part of the Kenwood D700 radio system in the Russian Segment. That radio has not been active in quite a while for unknown reasons. The BBS associated with the Ericsson radio RS0ISS-1 has been available more frequently.

• tracking software differences?????   1 year 7 weeks ago

UTC, GMT and ZULU are all the same

• Packet QSL Card ?   1 year 7 weeks ago

Yes, just send in your QSL card and a print out of the BBS message from the ISS.

• MAI-75 October 28 2013 - 12:03 UTC   1 year 7 weeks ago

Very good RX !

• ISS Radio Report   1 year 7 weeks ago

Yes, at very the end of the pass!

• How find best moment to contact ISS   1 year 7 weeks ago

Hello F4EUB,

Italian astronaut Luca parmitano made a lot random contacts during
    his mission in ISS.
    Right now the ISS passes over Europe are in his work time but somethimes Luca do random.
    Luca was also active in the weekends (crew has less work tasks during the weekends).
    I have readed that Luca will return to earth at 11 November.
    He will be verry busy with preparations and have less spare time.
    My advice is, trie all ISS passes especially in the weekend!
    Listen the whole pass from the beginning till the end!
    In the past Luca was active verry late in the pass over Europe.
    Many amateurs are aware that Luca was verry active on the radio.
    So I asume a lot people calling.
    The best chance is to use a yagi with azimuth and elevation control.
    Luca often post and read messages on his twitter page.
    Send him a twitter message and ask him if he want
    to make some random voice contacts.
    Look also on the Oscar satellite status reports:
    Purple blocks are ISS crew in voice activities.
    Voice random contacts on Europe frequenties:
    Downlink: 145.800Mhz
    Uplink: 145.200Mhz

Good luck!
    73's Cor PD0RKC

• Luca Parmitano making random voice contacts.   1 year 7 weeks ago

We have build simple setup with my son to hear ISS . Very first info came from Czech Amateur Radio magazine that it exists with photos of SSTV pictures. I'm non licensed so only reception is possible, but electronics and far sgnal reception is a 30 years old hobby. End of seventies I did experiments with distant TV reception so this is new challenge. So we built simple 5 EL YAGI, have scanner BEARCAT UBC180XLT and I added also pre amplifier originally for III TV band ( ~12dB). Using ISS tracking web site we first tried yesterday afternoon during flyover north border of Czech republic . Estimated distance some 300km and we were lucky to hear Luca for couple of minutes 59. All in Italian language. To have something we have recorded voice to notebook. Unfortunately antenna direction was not all the time correct and did not follow ISS. I held it in hand and tried to keep track. Later tries also this afternoon were not successful. Anybody interested for recording ? Ivan

• ISS followed by another object this evening   1 year 8 weeks ago

I guess this:

Cygnus Departs the Space Station

October 22, 2013

The Cygnus spacecraft departed from the International Space Station this morning, following its release by the Station's robotic arm at 7:31 a.m. (EDT). Later today, the spacecraft will perform two burns to lower its altitude prior to its deorbit burn and reentry into Earth's atmosphere at approximately 2:18 p.m. (EDT) tomorrow.

(source orbital.com)

• Luca Parmitano making random voice contacts.   1 year 8 weeks ago

Ciao Francesco
    Ti confermo difatti domenica scorsa all 17:10 Qso con Luca
    Ciao 73 de Ik1coa

• what is moving behind ISS October 19   1 year 8 weeks ago

My gues is that you saw an airplane.
    Space vehicles does not "flash" with ligths.

Cor PD0RKC

• Hearing nothing   1 year 9 weeks ago

I listen a pass now signals are often over the 9.
    I am using an 9 elements cross yagi.
    So I think there is nothing wrong with the ISS Erricson
    radio.
    Or is it your antenna situation?????

Cor PD0RKC