ARISS Event -- Monday, 20 June: Hockaday School, Dallas, Texas
International Space Station Expedition 11's eighth ARISS school contact will be with students at Hockaday School, Dallas, Texas, United States on Monday, 20 June 2005. The event is scheduled to begin at approximately 14:49 UTC.
This contact will be direct between stations NA1SS and W5IU.It should be audible to anyone in western & southern portions of the United States as well as northern Mexico listening in on the 145.80 MHz downlink. The participants will conduct the conversation in English.
Hockaday has students from PK - 12th grade and serves approximately 1000 students in their regular school term on its 100+ acre campus in the heart of North Dallas. The Hockaday School Summer Session has been in existence for over 20 years and every summer enrolls between 650-850 students - both girls and boys. The Summer Session camps include a wide variety of camps ranging from Athletics to Academics and the Arts.
Students will ask as many of the following questions as time allows:
1. Do soap bubbles last longer in space?
2. It's sometimes difficult to share a room with my sister. What do you do for personal time and space when living in the space station?
3. Do you enjoy living in space and what's your favorite part about it?
4. Do any other planets have water like Mars?
5. What is your favorite game or past time activity while in space at the station?
6. What were you not prepared for on your first space travel or what was the biggest surprise for you in space travel?
7. Were you ever afraid that you would lose your life in space, especially at blastoff?
8. What has been your most memorable experience in space?
9. Are you working on experiments that will significantly change how we do things now or that will otherwise impact our lives?
10. What do you hope to achieve by going into space?
11. What happens if you are in space during an election? Can you still vote?
12. Are there any cool science experiments that you are currently overseeing in space?
13. Will they ever allow pets in the Space Station? Do you wish you had a pet with you in space?
14. What is the grossest thing you've ever done in space?
15. Can you grow plants on the space station?
16. What do you do all day in the station? How many times have you been to space?
17. What do you miss the most in space and look forward